Aventura Hotel | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is such a weird hotel, and it's apparently being built by Universal?

Are they really this desperate for lodging that they're just constructing an uber-generic tower hotel? Or was this planned to be something bigger... like a dual coast announcement? This looks an awful lot like it would fit on the parcel that was being readied at USH until just awhile back.

Because I don't see why they wouldn't go for another themed resort when you could go anywhere in Orlando and experience the same thing. Not to mention the sightlines. I guess VB will have the CB towers and now Aventura to create that island feel with the hotels emerging in the background, but IOA may be affected a bit.

I find it interesting that Universal is using its existing land to build all of these value hotels in such close proximity to the park. Makes you really start to ponder their 10 year plan.

As for Aventura, it's super bland but it'll do the trick. Hopefully they integrate the Volcano Bay tram route into the plan as a way for resort guests to get to and from City Walk.

I think it's fine. It's really hard to hyper theme a 16-story tower, and I'd still rather stay at Adventura than any of the Disney values. At least Adventura won't make me feel like a rube.

I have no problem with no "hyper" theme, but any sort of sembalance of a theme instead of "generic hotel" would've been nice. It's just disappointing.

Reactions: amityboattours
I mean they already have 5 highly themed hotels for people that want that kind of thing. This just seems like a modern, no frills hotel for those that want the conveniences of being onsite. Plus rooftop bar overlooking volcano bay. That's all I need.

Totally agree with this statement. At the end of the day, people are really there for the parks. Not everything needs to be hyper themed to be successful. I think its a sleek hotel that offers the convenience of proximity to Volcano Bay + the parks, and offers great amenities.

boring design and name, but I guess this serves a point for folks that just want a bed to crash in. Doesn't look like a hotel I'd want to hang around much compared. My guess is this will be their lowest price hotel.

The only hotel in Universal's portfolio that is even remotely close to being "hyper-themed" is Portofino Bay. The point being that people still seek an immersive experience akin to that of the Disney resorts. If Universal wants to play they're going to have to make room for properties on the same level as Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk. Aventura is more in line with the Disney Springs resorts.

To Universal's credit, it totally makes sense to put these value hotels closest to the interstate. It shows that they're thinking long term development and playing their investments like chess pieces. Hopefully Universal steps it up a few notches above Sapphire and Aventura when they build out even more resorts.

Reactions: Ryan
The only hotel in Universal's portfolio that is even remotely close to being "hyper-themed" is Portofino Bay. The point being that people still seek an immersive experience akin to that of the Disney resorts. If Universal wants to play they're going to have to make room for properties on the same level as Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk. Aventura is more in line with the Disney Springs resorts.

To Universal's credit, it totally makes sense to put these value hotels closest to the interstate. It shows that they're thinking long term development and playing their investments like chess pieces. Hopefully Universal steps it up a few notches above Sapphire and Aventura when they build out even more resorts.
I imagine Site B will have something to the caliber of Portofino Bay, Wilderness Lodge, etc.

I like it, a quality hotel and what will probably be at a decent price.

Granted its not uber themed (I don't men themed to a taxi :lol:) but plenty here to draw guests, pool, hot tub, food court and of course the rooftop bar. The rooms will most likely be on the smaller side but will offer great views. With a lot of us Brits feeling the squeeze on our $$$ it will play well into that market as well as picking up guests who would usually stay off site, the price point will be very interesting on this one.

I like the modern sweeping look with clean lines and I for one would be happy to stay here, yet more Kudos, bravo Uni.