Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

Have you been and stayed at sapphire falls? I have- and I don't see how it's any less themed than the Polynesian, beach and yacht club, Saratoga springs, old key west, contemporary, coranado springs, etc.
I mean, port orleans and sapphire falls are far more themed than any of those Disney deluxes.
Sapphire is legit. The bar area, the falls and river, the colors and shutters outdoors, etc etc etc.
it's as themed a moderate as you could hope for.

Yeah, I've already stayed. I do think they got quite a bit right, like the food and drink areas, the awesome stairwell, the falls, etc. But then some of the exterior, the rooms, pool area, and other public spaces could have used a bit more imagination.

Well, to be fair, Sapphire Falls is pretty damn generic. It has great features like Strong Water Tavern, a large pool, a sit-down restaurant and Water Taxi, but the feel of the hotel overall is still fairly generic. There's a lot of bland areas and blank spaces on the walls that feel like there should be pictures. The standard rooms are also over 100 sq. feet smaller than a CBBR family suite and tries to be a little too cute with the (unlockable) barn door in the bathroom.
I was going to make the same comment. We stayed there twice already and they have A LOT of empty wall space that just looks like an institution. Pretty hotel but bottom of the list for overall theming.

I think it blends well with Sapphire...I was certainly expecting a more themed resort, but I like the idea of hyper-modern
I wasn't a fan at first but they have three tropical/ tropic/ beachy themed hotels side by side. I would love to see Universal take on modern chic. It needs to be done to rival the supposed I square hotel that would be placed right at skyline with it.

Now that I think of it. Do you think that's why Universal choose that look despite all the other hotels they could have gone for? To keep your eyes from I4 on them and not across the highway at that shiney beast?

Have you been and stayed at sapphire falls? I have- and I don't see how it's any less themed than the Polynesian, beach and yacht club, Saratoga springs, old key west, contemporary, coranado springs, etc.
I mean, port orleans and sapphire falls are far more themed than any of those Disney deluxes.
Sapphire is legit. The bar area, the falls and river, the colors and shutters outdoors, etc etc etc.
it's as themed a moderate as you could hope for.
I've stayed there, and I think it's lovely, but it's nowhere near as well themed as most of those you listed. It's missing texture and detail. And a bathroom door that closes all the way.

So that's 3 new hotels in 4 years for Universal. That's impressive. Don't see myself staying here, but that rooftop bar sounds intriguing. Never been to one of those

We've seen, what, two or three pieces of concept art? It might not pop as much as the waterfalls at Sapphire or the pool area/entryway concept art for Cabana but I wouldn't say this resort looks boring or bad two 18 months prior to opening.

The "Aventura Hotel" font definitely gives off the South Beach vibes you were describing earlier to me. Very simplistic/hipster chic.

To me, this reads better:

welcome_to_miami_beach_sign_credit_mr_usaji_flickr.jpg

clevelander2585.jpg

I'm a bit dense with the USO hotel layout. Can anyone point out where this is to me on google maps?

I'm a bit dense with the USO hotel layout. Can anyone point out where this is to me on google maps?
Not google maps, but here's an aerial taken recently:

The plot of land is extremely close to Sapphire Falls (to the immediate right of the Sappire entrance) and just across the street from the Cabana Bay Towers/Volcano Bay. This pic is from the Sapphire parking garage:

29347329814_e231f10333_c.jpg

They are certainly wedging the hotels in.

For those who just want a place to rest their head at night it'll be perfect. I can imagine it being like a hotel in NYC or London where the rooms are not huge, and not designed to spend loads of time in. And like someone said, it's almost like a Disney Springs Resort Area hotel like the Buena Vista Palace, just a tower with rooms. Thats all some people want.

Is this all the Land used up now? (save for the newly purchased land down the road)

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%2010.30.40%20AM.png

This is how you would do a classy Hollywood art deco themed hotel tower for minimal cost.

The Aventura rendering looks so bland and forgettable.

Yeah, just something nice and iconic looking would look better. I just expect more from a Universal-branded hotel. Yeah, Disney values can be tacky but at least they're doing something exciting and different. Any sort of theme would be nice. This is just... there.