Aventura Hotel | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are literally hundreds of rooftop bars in the world. Why would wind suddenly be a problem for them?

I've never been to an open air rooftop bar in Florida that high in the sky. Have you forgotten how awful/frequent our windstorms/thunderstoms can be? Just seems like it will be really hard to keep clean, and extremely dangerous if a thunder storm is in the area.

And for what real purpose? If glass walls are all around, why even leave the roof off?

Just seems like a poor design idea in Florida.

I've never been to an open air rooftop bar in Florida that high in the sky. Have you forgotten how awful/frequent our windstorms/thunderstoms can be? Just seems like it will be really hard to keep clean, and extremely dangerous if a thunder storm is in the area.

And for what real purpose? If glass walls are all around, why even leave the roof off?

Just seems like a poor design idea in Florida.
It will close everyday during the summer from 5-6pm haha

I think it is well covered otherwise...Obviously, any lightning in the area would promptly shut the bar down

Knowing how crazy Universal is about safety, I'm sure they've thought this through

Reactions: rhino4evr
The new bar looks awesome. I’m especially a fan of it being open-air.

Anybody else think the inside portion looks painfully generic? Maybe it’s just me, but that shade of tan + wood is straight out of any Hilton/Holiday Inn Bar.

The new bar looks awesome. I’m especially a fan of it being open-air.

Anybody else think the inside portion looks painfully generic? Maybe it’s just me, but that shade of tan + wood is straight out of any Hilton/Holiday Inn Bar.
After extensive research, UC has determined that tweens love Holiday Inns

It will close everyday during the summer from 5-6pm haha

I think it is well covered otherwise...Obviously, any lightning in the area would promptly shut the bar down

Knowing how crazy Universal is about safety, I'm sure they've thought this through
No lightning won't shut down the bar. Come on people.