Aventura Hotel | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So evidently there is a way of programming an iPad so that it no longer functions like an iPad? Is it locked out and totally proprietary? I would think guests might try and make off with them otherwise. Perhaps that is what a credit card on file is for.

So evidently there is a way of programming an iPad so that it no longer functions like an iPad? Is it locked out and totally proprietary? I would think guests might try and make off with them otherwise. Perhaps that is what a credit card on file is for.
Yeah if they go missing you’re getting a hefty bill addition.

I'm really, really impressed with what I'm seeing here. I would still prefer to stay at Cabana, as it's more my speed, but this is another option that adds a bit of diversity to the offerings on that side of the resort.

I will definitely be checking out Bar 17 at some point.

We'll be posting our "First Look" article later on, but did want to mention a few things.

• Universal has admittedly said there is no theme for this hotel, unlike the other 5. They, in a way, acknowledged that while they are proud of what they accomplished with this hotel, it may not be for everyone; which is fine. The goal was to diversify what their hotel line-up offers.
  • As we tweeted the other day. Universal's goal for each Resort is to focus/center on a "selling point". Portofino is the "upscale experience", while Cabana is centered around the pools. For Aventura, it's the rooftop bar and the views.
  • The pool is definitely the weakest offering here but if you're staying here for the pool, you're doing it wrong.

I just wanted to say that I thought IU’s coverage of the media event was top-notch. I was following a few other blogs on Twitter throughout the evening and I thought IU’s photos were the best quality and did a great job of giving an overview of the hotel. Thanks for the work you do!

Thank you!

Universal has admittedly said there is no theme for this hotel, unlike the other 5. They, in a way, acknowledged that while they are proud of what they accomplished with this hotel, it may not be for everyone; which is fine. The goal was to diversify what their hotel line-up offers.

Seriously whats not to like? the place looks great, has killer views, all the mod cons too, and all for a more than reasonable price.

I stay here in a few weeks time so will have a better view of the place then but for now, I like what I see and am looking forward to staying.

Seriously whats not to like? the place looks great, has killer views, all the mod cons too, and all for a more than reasonable price.

I stay here in a few weeks time so will have a better view of the place then but for now, I like what I see and am looking forward to staying.

I guess it all comes down to personal tastes. It's very modern-looking, which some people find unattractive. It does lack pops of color in certain areas, too.

I guess it all comes down to personal tastes. It's very modern-looking, which some people find unattractive. It does lack pops of color in certain areas, too.
Definitely all about personal tastes. This would probably be my last choice for onsite hotels. I don't like the sleek modern style of everything and think the lobby looked like it was a giant barcode which made me dizzy looking at the pictures. I'm sure it doesn't look as crazy in person. Working with computers every day, when I'm on vacation I don't like to even get my laptop out of my bag. I don't think I'd like to be surrounded by all of the tablets and electronics because it will make me feel like I'm back at work.

Bar 17 and Bar Sol both look amazing though. I usually stay at Sapphire so anything is better than the Drhum club kantine with its 4 seats in the dungeon room.

Like Disney, Universal now has a lot of diversity in their hotel choices, and more to come with the Wet & Wild site hotels. That's the way to go. It's a good business model since people's wants, affordability & tastes are far ranging.