1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Back to the Future: The Ride

Discussion in 'Upper Lot/Entertainment Center' started by Allen The Actor, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor Allen The Actor BANNED

Let's discuss our love for "the greatest ride of all time"! Post any cherished pics, memories, videos, or stories you have of this Universal classic. I have so many!

I'll post more, but in a nutshell, when i went on the ride for the first time when i was very little, that same day i caught BTTF on TV and it further fueled my love for the trilogy, in part thanks to the ride! It was always my favorite, i literally felt like i was in the environment, flying around, and being at the institute!

For a ride that had zero CGI, it was fantastic!For myself, Simpsons got old very fast (and not just cuz i was mad BTTF left), but the comedy in the ride got old fast, and i don't believe I'm in an animated world.

Also, i feel proud to this day to have been on the last FINAL flight of the ride with our bttf.com group after it was already closed to the general guests! More videos and pics to come.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  2. UniversalFan

UniversalFan Guest

COOL! I wish i was there for the LAST Day of operation. But i heard it was an emotional day.

3. Allen The Actor

Oh, it definitely was. Amazing seeing a swarm of fellow BTTF fans, and even seeing people like VideoBob show up. Even the cast members all over the park were emotional about it.... :/

4. Jon Fu

Jon Fu Editor-in-Chief Emeritus Staff Member

I have some photos of the attraction that I'll try to dig it.

Boy, it was many years ago since that ride closed - and people are still talking about it.

5. Allen The Actor

Not THAT many years. Disney fans talk about their favorite closed rides from decades ago.

My family still talks about the ET ride to this day. From the immersive queue with that forest smell, to the whole ride, THAT was an amazing family ride. Was one of my grandma's favorite rides from any park

6. Miss Betty Juice

Miss Betty Juice Member

I cried over BTTF - I cried harder for ET, because it was the first ride at Universal I ever rode. 

7. Allen The Actor

I STILL cry over both of them, especially BTTF....

ET was the kind of ride a 6 year old all the way to an elderly person can go on and be transported to the story

8. UniversalFan

UniversalFan Guest

I never rode ET, i wasn't tall enough at the time. lol

9. alexvstorace

alexvstorace Newcomer

Ahh Yes!! E.T and BTTF are my  Favorite universal classic rides of all time!  :(  I will always remember that Tragic day when i went to USH for last day of BTTF and getting off the ride,exitting the building.... I've Started crying  alot.  i really hope that rumor of BTTF coming back  is TRUE!             * Crosses Figures *

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  10. Allen The Actor

No way would Universal ever bring it back unless there was another BTTF movie, which won't happen considering Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis both said it won't happen.

Personally, if Simpsons ever closes, i see either a completely new ride and new ride system, or if a future Fast and Furious movie is profitable to the extreme, i see it replacing Simpsons. Or if Universal acquires Dc Comics from Six Flags, maybe a Batman retheme...not sure.

11. Jon Fu

I'd love to see a physiological attraction that deals with Batman. Too bad the franchise has gone to Six Flags, which hasn't done anything groundbreaking.

12. Allen The Actor

A psychological thrill ride would be awesome, considering the Mummy COMPLETELY failed to live up to that title....

13. Jon Fu

Correction: Mummy in Hollywood. Mummy in Florida is decent and Mummy in Singapore is amazing.

14. Allen The Actor

Well, yes, of course lol. I was talking about our crapfest of a Mummy ride. The Singapore version, from the queue, to the ride, is amazing.

15. Jon Fu

I actually have a video of Singapore's queue that I'll try to get up in the next year (LOL!) or so.

Stay tuned! It's actually pretty amazing. Like Florida, but without the odd studio/actual tomb theming they have going on.

16. Allen The Actor

Yeah, looks awesome :) Now lemme ask this. You said you like the "studio/soundstage" themeing. Would you prefer the Singapore version here in Hollywood or Florida version?

17. Jon Fu

There is no studio theming in Singapore. It's very much like Islands of Adventure, unless you meant to ask me something different.

18. Allen The Actor

No, not what i meant haha. You've said before that you like how USH has that "soundstage/studio" feel, even in the rides, so i was wondering if you'd prefer the Singapore "Egypt" or Florida "movie set" version of the ride here?

19. Jon Fu

Oh no, I very much prefer Singapore's theming of Mummy. There's no disjointed duality that Florida has going on. I've never gotten Orlando, and I still don't get it even today.

Just doesn't make sense.

20. Jon Fu