1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Back to the Future: The Ride

Discussion in 'Upper Lot/Entertainment Center' started by Allen The Actor, Jan 14, 2013.

1. raffman

raffman Rookie

wow this is amazing!

2. raffman

raffman Rookie

a concept from the same site

Attached Files:

Coolbfitz and Jamesh22 like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

Whoa! Where did you find this??? Incredible. I knew of the original plan to place it on the parking structure and it had to be redesigned because the structure could not handle the vibrations of the building...but never seen actual schematic! Nice find! This made my day!

k_peek_2000 and Jamesh22 like this.
  4. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

Just a bit of random googling to be honest!

I do love a plan so things like this always pop out at me.

5. nesboy43

nesboy43 Newcomer

Does anyone know, is Universal able to flip a switch and have this run the Back to the Future Film/ ride profile, or is the ride/ projection system completely different?

6. CowMissing

CowMissing Member

When The Simpsons ride was built most of the BTTF stuff was removed. The PLCs might be the same but then upgraded so the BTTF profile probably wouldn't work. So no, there is no switch that can be used to turn it back to BTTF. Could it be done, yes... with some $$$ but we highly doubt that Universal Creative will do such a change. If anything, it will be another IP.

7. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

I do wonder what might happen to that spot in the future. If they took it down it would be really odd to not see the big theatre buildings when you come round the corner to go down to the LL.

I guess it's inevitable that it goes at some point - I'd say thats more likely than another rebrand of the existing ride system.

8. CowMissing

CowMissing Member

Very unlikely that this "building" will be removed. This is not just a building, its the entire walking space in front of it. You're actually standing on a cliff if it weren't for this attraction. Also, this space is very unique it would be very hard to use this space in any other fashion. So with that, this will probably be there for a very long time. The structural beams go down over 80 feet into the ground to support the walkway and attraction building. This is probably the safest building to be in during an earthquake. Remember, when all 24 vehicles are running at the same time it's like a 3.5 earthquake every 4 minutes. :p

Coolbfitz, Coasted and Jamesh22 like this.
  9. nesboy43

nesboy43 Newcomer

Thank you for the information. Was always secretly hoping they could somehow have the ride return for a special event. Sad that this is not the case.

It is a shame that the Bluray did not have better quality footage. Would love for this, Captain EO, and Star Tours to be on Bluray.

10. Zak Winnick

Zak Winnick Newcomer

This is definitely true. It was found just as they were finalizing the design that the way that the building was going to be constructed (to withstand the forces and vibrations of the ride), the strain would be too much on the roof, and it was moved to the other side of the hill, where Battlestar Galactica used to be.

Not that that was a great decision either (the ride building had some...issues...staying on the hill, hence why it opened AFTER USF).

11. CowMissing

CowMissing Member

Storyboards and layout always come first, then the environmental impact studies. Correct, the ride would have really put this garage to shame. They really needed to build a whole new building as which they did as well as expand the park (walking path in front).