Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was looking bleak when RT had the score at 8% but it averaged out eventually.

My biggest beef though with the early reviews is that it's being compared to a drama than action movie. I like my heroes actiony.

My biggest beef though with the early reviews is that it's being compared to a drama than action movie. I like my heroes actiony.

Yeah, a lot of reviews are mentioning most of the movie is more of drama/politics then action. Though for me the biggest concern is the negative reviews say it's dull and boring. For me that is honestly the worst thing for most films and especially any comic book film. If it's dull, it ain't entertaining in a good way nor a so bad it's good way. It's just bad.

From the reviews I've read they all seem to praise the Batman aspect of it. Not really a DC guy except Batman so that's all I really wanted from the movie.

Since I have no intrest seeing this film, I went ahead and saw the spoilers for this film.

With what goes on in this film, I honestly don't know how anyone would want a Justice League film after this. An' I pity anyone that reluctantly see's this in theaters.

Looking forward to reading Jimmymack's thoughts on the movie. Fans are saying it's great while critics say it sucks...My expectations are torn.

I'm honestly close behind you. I'd rather trust the critic than a hardcore fan who's elated by the mere sight of what's happening on screen. I guess I'll find out tomorrow night.
I don't trust critics when it comes to stuff like this just like I don't trust them for horror movies.

All in all, others opinions means squat to me. I don't let the than tribe curb or shape my enjoyment of something. If I enjoy it - I enjoy it - consensus be damned.

Hell, my favorite movie has a 21% on Rotten Tomatoes

Reactions: misterID
I don't trust critics when it comes to stuff like this just like I don't trust them for horror movies.

All in all, others opinions means squat to me. I don't let the than tribe curb or shape my enjoyment of something. If I enjoy it - I enjoy it - consensus be damned.

Hell, my favorite movie has a 21% on Rotten Tomatoes

lol fair enough indeed.

What's the favorite movie??

Sorry guys, movie started late and I didn't get home until midnight. I won't be able to post a detailed review but my thoughts:

As I sat down, I was surprisingly excited. Maybe it would be fun! Once the film started I realized that Snyder had learned absolutely nothing from feedback for MoS. Instead of bringing focus and energy to his film, Snyder chose to make a film about the moral failures of MoS. His approach as a director is to address this in the same way he addressed the introduction of Superman: throw everything at the wall and hope enough sticks to convince a desperate fan that BvS is giving them what they want. This means we get some great aspects (Affleck, Gadot, Irons, the beginning of the third act) and a lot of dull aspects (Cavill, Adams, most of act 2). Overall it's an incongruous mess.

And don't get me started on Eisenberg's unintentionally hilarious take on sociopathy.

Sorry guys, movie started late and I didn't get home until midnight. I won't be able to post a detailed review but my thoughts:

As I sat down, I was surprisingly excited. Maybe it would be fun! Once the film started I realized that Snyder had learned absolutely nothing from feedback for MoS. Instead of bringing focus and energy to his film, Snyder chose to make a film about the moral failures of MoS. His approach as a director is to address this in the same way he addressed the introduction of Superman: throw everything at the wall and hope enough sticks to convince a desperate fan that BvS is giving them what they want. This means we get some great aspects (Affleck, Gadot, Irons, the beginning of the third act) and a lot of dull aspects (Cavill, Adams, most of act 2). Overall it's an incongruous mess.

And don't get me started on Eisenberg's unintentionally hilarious take on sociopathy.

Welp.

Strange since early word was that Eisenberg was great, but recent reviews say he's a flaw.

Honestly, the initial overly-enthusiastic reviews sort of fell for ruse that was stuffing so much into a film that they latched on to individual moments (and some of them are truly impressive). However, excitement to see one of your favorite storylines on the screen can lead one to blindly ignore the fact that they stuffed 3-4 highly prominent and loved storylines into the same movie in an attempt to pander to the base.

Oh look! It's the death of the Waynes (again). Oh look! It's Superman Birthright! Oh look! It's the Dark Knight Returns! Oh look! It's Knightmare! Oh look it's Death of Superman!