Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm definitely not the biggest fan of BJGR, but I'm open to seeing how they can change up the show, provided they make it more like the pre-2003 version.

I would especially love it if they could bring the Phantom of the Opera back...

Awesome news. The show is really fun but definitely a bit dated. Looking forward to seeing a new version.

I enjoy the show as well, but yes, it's definitely time to update it. And I'm still not sold that the Beetlejuice sequel is happening. Despite what Wikipedia and its sources are saying, IMDB Pro doesn't seem so certain and I consider them to be a much more solid resource. If the script is good and Keaton/Burton are on board to star in/helm it, I'm all for it! But if it's going to be a "sell-out" movie, hurl, no thanks. Leave the timeless films alone! I shudder to think of the day that they remake Back to the Future...

I enjoy the show as well, but yes, it's definitely time to update it. And I'm still not sold that the Beetlejuice sequel is happening. Despite what Wikipedia and its sources are saying, IMDB Pro doesn't seem so certain and I consider them to be a much more solid resource. If the script is good and Keaton/Burton are on board to star in/helm it, I'm all for it! But if it's going to be a "sell-out" movie, hurl, no thanks. Leave the timeless films alone! I shudder to think of the day that they remake Back to the Future...

If they remake BTTF and it sucks, I will seriously find the person who made it and kick their ass. I get so mad thinking about this! Now if for some reason they remade it and it was good I would be pleased but a little disappointed in myself, because remakes destroy classics. But with BTTF being my favorite movies ever, I cant help but also get very excited to see what another great director(besides Zemeckis) could do with an amazing series of movies like these. I mean I could definitely dig a Joss Whedon helmed BTTF.

Last edited:
The entire current cast has to re-audition too! They want to make sure the new show steps it up in the standards department!

Glad they are doing this and keeping the Monsters in a show. I still like the show and think if it was the same with just new songs it would be fine with me. Just saw it a coupe weeks ago and still like it but the songs have gotten cringeworthy no matter how good a job the performers do with them. A welcome change

Perhaps I just saw them on an off day, but I thought the talent was only mediocre in this show. I'm glad to hear that it's getting revamped. :thumbs:

Perhaps I just saw them on an off day, but I thought the talent was only mediocre in this show. I'm glad to hear that it's getting revamped. :thumbs:

Hmmm... I know that, unlike Disney, Universal doesn't use Actor's Equity (union) performers, or at least they didn't in the past. Of course, the equity card doesn't always mean everything, as there are people in the union that are complete no-talents.

I kind of wish they did a monster show for HHN. (Different than the one during the day obviously)
I think this stage and bringing magic shows to HHN is a big waste of time. I know we just had Rocky Horror, but who knows if that's coming back.

But I never understood why Uni doesn't try to make a more adult/ scarier show here. Maybe base it on other monsters and have different songs or something... I don't know. The fact that we get so many magic shows really pisses me off sometimes.

I may be in the minority, but I really like the BGR set list. Of course I grew up during a time when most of those songs were relevant. Still it could use a revamp. I just hope they still include some songs from the 80s/90s.

I'm so happy about this! Having seen the rumours about it maybe being removed in the king kong rumour thread I was pretty gutted that I might not get to see it again, but this is a great sign that its gonna be around for a good while yet! I love Beetlejuice, and watching this show was a massive highlight of my holidays when I was younger. I haven't seen the recent version properly, just watched videos on youtube, but the old version was awesome! Not really a fan of hip & hop, would LOVE it if they brought back the phantom, and the shrunken head things that BJ would come out with at the end :) Hopefully this will be all revamped when I get there next may!