Behind The Attraction (Disney+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Behind The Attraction (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh how the mighty fall. We went from Angela Bassett in The Imagineering Story to this. I'm still gonna watch it, I just feel like she's putting on a "tiny" voice that seems meant to appeal to small kids. At least in that trailer it did.

John Stamos comes to mind as someone who I feel would've been great to narrate a show like this, especially given his genuine love of the parks.

Thing is, she’s also the voice of Della duck in that new ducktales show so that could be exactly what they were going for. I completely agree that it’s definitely not the tone they should’ve gone all in for but still glad we’re getting behind the scenes looks at these rides

Edited to add, Angela Bassett was an inspired choice for the narration of the imagineering story. A++

Last edited:
Edited to add, Angela Bassett was an inspired choice for the narration of the imagineering story. A++
Angela Bassett actually got an Emmy nomination for her narration on The Imagineering Story.

Have you guys seen the series Toys/Movies that made us? The voiceover has the exact same vibe.
That makes sense seeing as Dwayne Johnson produced that, too.

Reactions: Grabnar and amar831
I hope the voice over person in the trailer doesn't do any VO in the show as I already don't like it. All episodes drop next Wednesday.

The trailer says everything is dropping the 21st but sites are saying theyre releasing friday the 16th....so which one is correct?

The trailer says everything is dropping the 21st but sites are saying theyre releasing friday the 16th....so which one is correct?
The 21st is correct. It was the 16th before they changed the new release date to Wednesday's.

So it does seem as if they've changed the release schedule for this a bit. It was originally going to be all episodes at once, now they are releasing half next week and the other half in "Late 2021".

This seems like one of those shows where they'll breathlessly marvel at information that is commonly known, well-trodden, or easily accessible via an Internet search.

Reactions: Grabnar
I watched the first episode of the five that just dropped, which was the Jungle Cruise episode and, aside from them throwing a decent amount of advertising at the beginning and end of the episode for the movie, I have to say I really enjoyed it. This is a show that big parks fans can enjoy, but I think the target audience is definitely going to be people who just started going to the parks. Certainly don't go into this expecting The Imagineering Story, but it's still a fun time.

As for my thoughts on the episode itself, sure, there was some stuff that they said that I already knew, but I expected that. The real meat here is some never seen archived video (which some of it is actually hilarious) and while i'm a big parks fan, I didn't know every little thing about The Jungle Cruise so a lot of the early history was new to me. Also, the narration was surprisingly funny to me at points, especially coming away critical of it from the trailer. There was a few double entendres that I cracked up laughing at.

While I watched the Jungle Cruise episode first, you can really go in whatever order you please since it's an anthology series. The five episodes out are Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain. The episodes are 38-47 minutes in length, so I guess you could binge this, but it's not something that calls for it and imo, would probably be better enjoyed watching one episode per day or just whenever you want to throw it on.

I've seen the first episode and as an infomercial it's great, as a documentary it's as shallow as the water of the river in Jungle Cruise. The biggest downfall for me is the tone as the over bubbly voice over even comes with worst jocks than those on the ride and doesn't honor the amazing work the imagineers did when creating this attraction. So if you are into fluffy, annoying documentaries than you are at the right place. If you look for a insight look BEHIND the magic in how the ride is created, it's iterations and operation, then go look for something else.

I agree with Tielo, I'm not a fan of the person narrating and not a fan of the style they present things

I like the show information but the crap inbetween is not funny like they think it is. Why did the Rock think it was funny to say he was a Skipper when he never was..there was no joke it was just a bad lie.

Anyway with Jungle Cruise getting the update no clue why they could not have ended it with footage and them talking about the new scenes..like what a missed opportunity for new info.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I was ready for a good 40 minutes about star tours, didn’t realize half of it was gonna be about galaxy’s edge...

I will say I did enjoy the ToT episode, that’s the one I put on first.

Reactions: Skipper Justin
I've seen the first episode and as an infomercial it's great, as a documentary it's as shallow as the water of the river in Jungle Cruise. The biggest downfall for me is the tone as the over bubbly voice over even comes with worst jocks than those on the ride and doesn't honor the amazing work the imagineers did when creating this attraction. So if you are into fluffy, annoying documentaries than you are at the right place. If you look for a insight look BEHIND the magic in how the ride is created, it's iterations and operation, then go look for something else.
Inside Pixar has the exact same problem. The documentaries on the DVD extras from the early 2000s were much more insightful.

Theres things to like here, but basically what everyone brought up is the problem. I gave a bit of the benefit of the doubt in my thoughts the other day (part of that may have been that I had just woke up, too), but after watching some other episodes, its... a lot. The actual interviews and factual content is good, but then it just gets abruptly interrupted basically whenever they feel like they want to seems.

The reasoning for the frenetic editing it seems is because the guy who created and has directed every episode of The Toys That Made Us (Brian Volk-Weiss) created and directed every episode of this show, too. It's basically a Disney theme parks spin-off of that show.

Watched the Haunted Mansion episode yesterday. It was great to see them show how so many different people contributed. Didn't need to see Wally Crump say "people like to be scared!" 10 times, though.

It's a good show, but I was really hoping for more.

Wow, just watched the Tower of Terror episode, and I am just so mad now! :lol:

From my perspective, Joe Rohde is a complete and utter hack. Scam artist even. I attempted a discussion about this a few years ago, but @Joe locked it down.

I do know that is is worth while though, because @Teebin responded!

So, yeah great job Rohde... I think..

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Wow, just watched the Tower of Terror episode, and I am just so mad now! :lol:

From my perspective, Joe Rohde is a complete and utter hack. Scam artist even. I attempted a discussion about this a few years ago, but @Joe locked it down.

I do know that is is worth while though, because @Teebin responded!

So, yeah great job Rohde... I think..

Mission Breakout is good though.

Reactions: HereWeGo and Nick