Best Christmas Event at a Theme Park | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Best Christmas Event at a Theme Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which Park does Xmas the best?

• Magic Kingdom - Mickey's Very Merry Xmas

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Epcot - Holidays Around the World

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hollywood Studios - Osborne Lights

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Islands of Adventure - Grinchmas

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Universal Studios - Macy's Day Parade

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Holidays at SeaWorld

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I went to Disney at Christmastime 2 years in a row and it really is amazing. Nice and warm during the day, although a little chilly at night. Definatley the best time to go in my opinion.

As for what park in Disney does it the best, i'll go with Magic Kingdom. The Very Merry Christmas Party was a blast. The lights and the parade were great and they would give out free hot chocolate and cookies. Also, its never really crowded so the rides are all pretty much walk ons. The Osborne lights at Hollywood Studios are also quite a sight to see. Anyone who enjoys Disney needs to expereince this

I'm going to have to go with Osborne Lights. I've only been to both Universal events and Osborne Lights but from what I can tell, the only one that could possibly be better IMO would be at Magic Kingdom due to the Castle Lights. I was blown away at how well done Osborne Lights was and would love to do it again in the near future.

I have yet to ever see the Osborne light, and it looks like I'm planning another trip up on the weekend before Xmas. Thank God there is still school until that Weds that way I'm hoping there isn't too big of a crowd that weekend.

I have yet to ever see the Osborne light, and it looks like I'm planning another trip up on the weekend before Xmas. Thank God there is still school until that Weds that way I'm hoping there isn't too big of a crowd that weekend.

i just seen some videos of the lights, it looks very rude boy

I picked other because I have to go with Busch Gardens. The decorations are nice, they've got a shop dedicated to the Christmas season, and 3 different shows; one for those into the religious facets of Christmas, one as a secular Christmas show, and then an ice show. I think they've got a nice variety that applies to all different kinds of people, and whether or not you celebrate Christmas, it's still worth it to go.

I love Universal at Christmas time, but the people who voted for Grinchmas and Macy's need to wake up and smell the coffee. Disney does Christmas better. You can look at pictures and read trip reports and tell they do. Magic Kingdom takes the cake as well. The castle at night alone is one of the most awe inspiring things.

Osborne Lights. Amazingly beautiful and included with park admission.

Mickey's Very Merry, blah, blah, blah sucks because you have to pay extra for it, and when it's not going on the only Christmas decorations in the park are on Main Street. Epcot's Christmas decor has been neutered without the Lights of Winter.

I've never seen the Uni stuff, unfortunately.

I would honestly have to go with the Macy's Day Parade.
I like this the most because if you live in Florida or any state far away from New York you can experience the Parade here in Florida. I think that is nice.

And are the balloons the actual one's from NY?

I didn't get to most of the XMas celebrations for 2010, but for 2009 Sea World stepped up their game and easily offered more to do in one park for the holidays then anything Disney, or Universal offered, which is why I voted for them.

I used to love the Osbourne Lights when it was spread out in the Backlot Tour street/houses. The newer dancing version is okay, but as mentioned it's just too crowded for me, plus it feels so much smaller than before.

My fav holiday thing at Universal is the actual tree itself at USF, I love to sit nearby and watch the lights on it.