Best Pizza Around Universal? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Best Pizza Around Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Being from NYC... where we don't have any.. one of my favorite spots to order from on a trip is Pizza Hut... :-X

I hate you.... I so miss NYC Pizza and nothing in Florida compares to it. We used to have a place and they closed down, because I guess people in Florida also don't know what good pizza is to go to the place enough. :lol:

Even though Via Napoli is indeed the best pizza in Central Florida, for Universal we always choose the Pizzeria del Porto at Portofino. And I am Italian, so I know what I'm talking about!! :smiley:

I would not say best in Central Florida, I will have to try and it see if it beats out the place on Orange Ave near the hospital. Because so far to me that is the best pizza in Central Florida.

Speaking of Pizza, I should have asked where in West Palm there is good pizza, we found a place that the pizza was not bad, but everything else was awful! :smiley:

Would really recommend this. They have a brick oven and the pizza is really tasty.

I too highly recommend Sal's Deli. Definitively the best pizza I have had on property. I never tried Pastamore, and I don't count any of the pizza at like hard rock or NASCAR cafe (although I haven't tried any pizza from them either), but I don't think they would even be close.

I hate you.... I so miss NYC Pizza and nothing in Florida compares to it. We used to have a place and they closed down, because I guess people in Florida also don't know what good pizza is to go to the place enough. :lol:

I would not say best in Central Florida, I will have to try and it see if it beats out the place on Orange Ave near the hospital. Because so far to me that is the best pizza in Central Florida.

Speaking of Pizza, I should have asked where in West Palm there is good pizza, we found a place that the pizza was not bad, but everything else was awful! :smiley:

Try Grimaldi here in Palm Beach Gardens, it's in the Downtown at the Gardens shopping center next to the mall. Closest pizza to Via Napoli that I have found here. I've also spent many a lunch breaks researching good pizza here in the Riviera Beach and Gardens area and have found some good pizza and then some junk pizza also . In Gardens I've found these to be really good Puccini pizza, Villa roma and of course Anthony's Coal Fire, and all within a 10 min drive from where you are. If all else fails 7-11 there at the Ocean Mall has pre-made pizzas :pound:

Try Grimaldi here in Palm Beach Gardens, it's in the Downtown at the Gardens shopping center next to the mall. Closest pizza to Via Napoli that I have found here. I've also spent many a lunch breaks researching good pizza here in the Riviera Beach and Gardens area and have found some good pizza and then some junk pizza also . In Gardens I've found these to be really good Puccini pizza, Villa roma and of course Anthony's Coal Fire, and all within a 10 min drive from where you are. If all else fails 7-11 there at the Ocean Mall has pre-made pizzas :pound:

Grimaldi's is a Brooklyn staple... I was surprised to see they had one down in Florida. Definitely worth trying if you're in the area.

Grimaldi's is a Brooklyn staple... I was surprised to see they had one down in Florida. Definitely worth trying if you're in the area.

The place is about 2 miles form my house and I have been there only once :lol: Hands down the best authentic style pizza I have down here and reminded me of the pizza at Via Napoli. A little on the pricey side but worth every penny.

The place is about 2 miles form my house and I have been there only once :lol: Hands down the best authentic style pizza I have down here and reminded me of the pizza at Via Napoli. A little on the pricey side but worth every penny.

OK, next time I am down here I am trying Grimaldi's. We tried Palermo the other night before this thread popped up, we wanted delivery. It was OK pizza, but everything else we ordered sucked. Always looking for new places to try when we are here. We tried Guanabanas for the first time last night, the atmosphere is really nice, the food was average.

OK.... sorry for derailing your topic. Glad you started this because I am also going to try Via Napoli :)

OK, next time I am down here I am trying Grimaldi's. We tried Palermo the other night before this thread popped up, we wanted delivery. It was OK pizza, but everything else we ordered sucked. Always looking for new places to try when we are here. We tried Guanabanas for the first time last night, the atmosphere is really nice, the food was average.

OK.... sorry for derailing your topic. Glad you started this because I am also going to try Via Napoli :)

Palermo is just average and never been to Guanabanas. My wife and I just discovered Two Drunken Goats there at the Ocean Mall and was very surprised how good the food was plus a pretty decent happy hour :lol: We have been back twice since.

Ive been kicking around the idea of heading to Epcot on Sunday on our way out to stop at Via Napoli perhaps. Its been about a years since we have eaten there last.

Palermo is just average and never been to Guanabanas. My wife and I just discovered Two Drunken Goats there at the Ocean Mall and was very surprised how good the food was plus a pretty decent happy hour :lol: We have been back twice since.

Ive been kicking around the idea of heading to Epcot on Sunday on our way out to stop at Via Napoli perhaps. Its been about a years since we have eaten there last.

Guanabanas would be fun for your kids. The environment is amazing and the view it pretty good. It is a fun place, I would go off season (now) because I have heard it is crazy busy when it is not off season. We walk down to that plaza, but have only eaten once at Drunken Goats because we were not going out to eat as much the past 2 years and it was opened I think only about 3 or 4 years ago. I do want to go back again because I do remember liking the food. I really like that new mall plaza, especially with the park right there. With all this rain we still have not gone down there this year, stupid rain.

I love Two Drunken Goats! I live like 5 minutes away and have been there multiple times. I like grabbing a drink and walking on the beach. I enjoy Guanabanas too. But found that the place gets a little too crowded on weekends. Panama Hatties & Rum Bar on PGA is also a cool place to hang-out and grab some food/drinks. I dig the atmosphere there, but that too gets crazy on weekends.

Back to topic, I'll be staying at Royal Pacific next weekend, and would love to try Sal's at the Portofino. Are the prices fair?

I love Two Drunken Goats! I live like 5 minutes away and have been there multiple times. I like grabbing a drink and walking on the beach. I enjoy Guanabanas too. But found that the place gets a little too crowded on weekends. Panama Hatties & Rum Bar on PGA is also a cool place to hang-out and grab some food/drinks. I dig the atmosphere there, but that too gets crazy on weekends.

Back to topic, I'll be staying at Royal Pacific next weekend, and would love to try Sal's at the Portofino. Are the prices fair?

Ive had many a cray nights at Rum bar back in my single days :lol:

I think the pizza at Sal's is around $12-$14 so I would say average compared to local places here. But is it better than Anythony's Coal Fire and the same size since it is around the same cost, Although ACF might be a little higher?

Have to agree that Sal's Deli had great pizza. I'm also a big fan of the huge slices at Monster Cafe in USF although the prices are absurd. Worst pizza I've had was over at Pizza Predatoria in IOA. I want to check out Big Kahuna's slices in CityWalk and the room service pizza at the hotels.

Previous poster mentioned Pizza Fusion that used to be relatively nearby and that place was amazing. I have been to Pizza Fusions in Palm Beach Gardens, Tampa, and Orlando and all three had two things in common. Great pizza and the world's worst service. Consistently bad. No shock that all three went out of business real fast.

For the poster looking for good pizza in West Palm Beach, what do you guys think of Mellow Mushroom in City Place? I've only been there once but was impressed by what I had and there is a huge bar area. Up in Jupiter, Florida (near Palm Beach Gardens) I think Angelo's has the best pizza, but now I have to check out this Grimaldi's place thanks to this thread.

On property I would go with Sal's Deli. Close-by there is Anthony's Coal Fired and for authentic Chicago-style there is Giordano's near Sand Lake and I-Drive. And there is a really good local place on Kirkman near I-Drive called Pizza Xtreme.

For inside the parks I would suggest Monsters cafe. It seems like the same pizza as louie's but cooked in their brick oven. If you wait for a fresh one from the oven it's great!

Papa D's in Dr.Phillips is my recommendation if you're looking for something along the lines of a New York style pie. Anthony's coal fired pizza isn't bad if you're wanting to stick within the tourist district.