Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Restaurants around Orlando (Non-Theme park)

Ravenous Pig is a sister restaurant of The Polite Pig at DS, so if any of you guys like that you will definitely love this one. And this isn't a chain either - they only have the two locations.

Ravenous Pig is a sister restaurant of The Polite Pig at DS, so if any of you guys like that you will definitely love this one. And this isn't a chain either - they only have the two locations.

Unpopular opinion: I like Polite Pig better than 4 Rivers (more expensive, unfortunately).

Any ramen/boba recommendations? I’ve been to a few that are across town and Soupa Sayian which is right across from the parks. Wondering what else there is.

First off, if you haven't been to New Haven, book a trip.

But as for your larger point: REAL TALK. Orlando not really great at any form of cuisine. It's a plastic (not paper) town that didn't really come into existence until the mid-80s, arguably even the 90s, so we have zero history. We don't have pizza as good as the northeast. We don't have bar-b-que on a level with any of the meccas (St Louis, TX ...). We don't have Mexican on a par with SoCal. We have some places with really good food, but Orlando never going to be a culinary landmark.

That's why most of the places mentioned in this thread are chains or fast-casual outlets. And painful as it is to admit, most of the really good places are in resorts at the two big parks.
Orlando actually has very good culinary scene for its size so I don’t agree with your statement.

Cafe Tu Tu Tango (off I-drive): fun atmosphere and their brunch is good. Taco bar and bottomless bloody mary & mimosa bar.

Polite Pig (Disney Springs) Brisket salad and ribs were great.

I wish I could remember the Greek place we went to in Orlando. It has belly dancing and the food was amazing.

Cafe Tu Tu Tango (off I-drive): fun atmosphere and their brunch is good. Taco bar and bottomless bloody mary & mimosa bar.

Polite Pig (Disney Springs) Brisket salad and ribs were great.

I wish I could remember the Greek place we went to in Orlando. It has belly dancing and the food was amazing.

Taverna Opa? It’s on I drive too. Also agreed great place. Coworker from Cyprus also gave it his thumbs up which is high praise.