Beyond the Universal 4th Park? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Beyond the Universal 4th Park?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal already acknowledged it, through their attorneys during the lawsuit.

I know that, I mean if they will acknowledge it once they share their initial plans for site B to the public. Like will they say that in the future this site will include more than 1 park or will they just keep hush hush about it for right now.

Due to the amount of land a 4th dry theme park is a given. I am sure there is a masterplan for the new site and it's infrastructure but it will have 2 significant blank spots on it, one for the second waterpark the other for the 4th theme park. Add in some more hotels too.

Developing a world class theme park is a ton of work and building it costs a ton of money. In the mean time you need to keep your other parks as desirable as the new park to not loose customers and income there. The new park will have expansion plots to keep that park fresh on a yearly basis.
Hotel rooms and park tickets sold are the driving force behind the pace of the expansion.
Remember that beside all these developments they also put in the first phase of a second City Walk. It's a staggering amount of work.

Then there is the economy, if it crashes again the expansions could be delayed by 5 or 10 years.
Also a 5th park is not a good idea, not for Disney nor for Universal. American's (unlike Europeans) only have a few weeks a year vacation. Spending a week at the theme park is what most do. With parks offering just a bit more for 1 day to enjoy, add all water parks and shopping and entertainment and hotel amenities to it and you have a week full of fun with 4 parks and 2 water parks. Keeping the parks fresh with new rides on a yearly base actually count for a whole new theme park worth of rides overtime.

So don't focus too much on the far future, enjoy what is coming and try to stay alive long enough to see what is there in 10 or 20 years.

Reactions: tankart150
What about this though universal Orlando has filed for two names Fantastic Worlds & Epic Universe correct? Could those possibly be the names of the 3rd gate and 4th gate? People think the 3rd gate is the fourth gate but I guess you have to count in VB. So it is really the fourth gate and so a fifth Universal Orlando gate is probably going to be Epic Universe I could be wrong. Unless its the name of a 2nd water park. Majority of you guys think it'll be all done by 2040 like legacy said? Or a little earlier than that when they're finished with the fourth gate and 2nd water park? If theirr Lucky a fifth gate since VB is the third gate its so confusing sorry.

What about this though universal Orlando has filed for two names Fantastic Worlds & Epic Universe correct? Could those possibly be the names of the 3rd gate and 4th gate? People think the 3rd gate is the fourth gate but I guess you have to count in VB. So it is really the fourth gate and so a fifth Universal Orlando gate is probably going to be Epic Universe I could be wrong. Unless its the name of a 2nd water park. Majority of you guys think it'll be all done by 2040 like legacy said? Or a little earlier than that when they're finished with the fourth gate and 2nd water park? If theirr Lucky a fifth gate since VB is the third gate its so confusing sorry.
You're trying to guess things Universal themselves haven't planned out yet. They may have land allocated for future use, but other than placeholders on their own plans, I doubt even they know what their future parks will be named/themed as/contain. That information will be made more obvious over the next decade(s) after they see the reaction to the first phases.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Again they probably have land dedicated for a fourth dry park but zero concepts or ideas behind it. It’s like how Disney has land surveys done and have plots for an additional four parks around the property. Doesn’t mean they have four park concepts ready.

Let's do a vote how many people will think their will be 6 parks in total when it is all said and done? Let's say their isn't a fourth or fifth gate and not a second water park. That would just leave us at 4 parks including volcano bay. I don't know if you can ever count a water park as a main theme park. So it would really be just the fourth gate, 2nd park and that's it? 900 acres Disneyhead was saying that's an awful lot of land I am sure a few more hotels will be added a brand new Citywalk too. Theirs a lot you can do. I am wondering if all the new land will be connected and accessible to USF, VB, IOA, etc.

Let's do a vote how many people will think their will be 6 parks in total when it is all said and done? Let's say their isn't a fourth or fifth gate and not a second water park. That would just leave us at 4 parks including volcano bay. I don't know if you can ever count a water park as a main theme park. So it would really be just the fourth gate, 2nd park and that's it? 900 acres Disneyhead was saying that's an awful lot of land I am sure a few more hotels will be added a brand new Citywalk too. Theirs a lot you can do. I am wondering if all the new land will be connected and accessible to USF, VB, IOA, etc.

What will definitely happen on the new land:
3rd theme park
hotels
CityWalk 2.0

What will probably happen on the new land:
2nd Water Park

What may happen depending on the success of the 3rd park and supporting hotels:
4th theme park

Reactions: DisneyDoof
How about, we don't do a vote? :eek:O:

__

Let's remind ourselves that portions of the land, may not be able to be used for anything, before we talk about the idea of a second dry park on that plot of land.

Reactions: Magic-Man

All said and done when the human race goes extinct? Heat death of the universe?

I think you're grasping at straws here, there's nothing more to discuss over "yeah probably eventually".

Ok my bad yes we don't even know whats coming to the third gate even though the topic in misc thread is titles 4th gate blue sky thread. That is what I am confused about. I am confused about VB being a third gate. But it isn't a big deal. I looked on Wikipedia since everything on their is 100% accurate listed Volcano Bay as the third gate. Then I looked at screamscape and it listed the new park as a third gate.

Ok my bad yes we don't even know whats coming to the third gate even though the topic in misc thread is titles 4th gate blue sky thread. That is what I am confused about. I am confused about VB being a third gate. But it isn't a big deal. I looked on Wikipedia since everything on their is 100% accurate listed Volcano Bay as the third gate. Then I looked at screamscape and it listed the new park as a third gate.
Universal calls Volcano Bay their 3rd gate, therefore the new unannounced theme park will be their 4th gate.

I think it this way, the new theme park will be their 3rd theme park and their 4th gate overall.

Reactions: tielo
Universal calls Volcano Bay their 3rd gate, therefore the new unannounced theme park will be their 4th gate.

I think it this way, the new theme park will be their 3rd theme park and their 4th gate overall.

Ok but do you think their will be 6 parks at the end of the day with that extra water park and another dry park? Epic Universe for all we know could be a fifth gate that Universal filed paperwork for like they did with Fantastic Worlds. Fantastic Worlds also could be just a themed area or land within the 3rd/4th park based on Fantastic Beasts that's my thought. The other names were Legendary Worlds, Dreamland, Legendart Lands, Epic World or Land I think was the last one

Ok but do you think their will be 6 parks at the end of the day with that extra water park and another dry park? Epic Universe for all we know could be a fifth gate that Universal filed paperwork for like they did with Fantastic Worlds. Fantastic Worlds also could be just a themed area or land within the 3rd/4th park based on Fantastic Beasts that's my thought. The other names were Legendary Worlds, Dreamland, Legendart Lands, Epic World or Land I think was the last one
I don’t know. Maybe?

Let’s just wait and see.

Reactions: Brian G.
Status
Not open for further replies.