1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN?

Discussion in 'General Horror Nights Discussion' started by JM-BENT, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

I definitely agree and that's why I said it'll most likely never come to the event. Similarly the Final Destination franchise would work spectacularly poorly as a haunted house, but I feel it's a big enough name in horror to warrant bringing it up.

I think it's good to look at the whole picture when it comes to the horror genre, because while there may be some choices that just simply wouldn't work at all, there are also a few strange and inventive ideas that could completely alter how they go about making a haunted house/scarezone.

2. Jaden

Jaden Member

Hell yeah, after finishing the game, Bloodborne is now my video game dream maze. I think it would be the effects heavy maze. Unfortunatley HHN aren't really familiar with video games so maybe in the future who knows. I feel like popular video game IPs would draw in huge crowds.

3. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Yeah, i see tons of people suggesting Final Destination, but there's no way it can work. You never see Death, so there's no chance of scares, it'll just be show scenes. If they can make it semi original, maybe, but it's not likely to happen.

4. Wigglepebbles

Wigglepebbles Rookie

Pipe dreams: 1984, Junji-Ito and Dead by Daylight.

Possibilities: Cronenberg, Beetlejuice, George Romero and John Carpenter films aside from The Thing.

Sledge likes this.
  5. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Just a few I can see translating well (ignoring potential rights issues.)

HELLRAISER (THE MOST IMPORTANT)
    IT
    Conjuring
    Drag Me to Hell
    Scream
    The Ring
    Candyman
    They Live
    Pumpkinhead
    Re-Animator

truejonas and ChaseTuff like this.
  6. Sledge

Sledge Veteran Member

Rabid, especially with the remake coming...

7. faceleg

faceleg Rookie

SUSPIRIA (I think the original could make a better house visually, and more actual scenes to pull from)

8. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

Well since HHN turns 30 next they could always do a 90s theme HHN, and use some 90s horror IPs as mazes and/or scarezones. While I’m up for a Chilling Adventures of Sabrina maze I’m hoping for a Are You Afraid Of The Dark maze depending on Universal & Nickelodeon’s relationship.

9. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

I’ve found that I’ve seen a lot of Halloween costumes of creepypasta characters in places like Walmart or Target, almost as many as relevant licensed horror characters like Pennywise or anyone from Stranger Things.

I wonder if we would ever see a “Digital Deadliness” house a la Scary Tales for internet urban legend characters? As garbage as a lot of these stories actually are, they must have some sort of market (most definitely kids, for the record) for costumes to be sold of these characters and quite a few have been brought into the mainstream in one way or another.

Here are my thoughts for stories they could possibly, maybe, I guess if it’s a slow year, perhaps get into this possible (not good) house/zone idea.

-Slenderman
    -Jeff the Killer
    -smiledog
    -Candle Cove
    -The Rake
    -Dead Bart

Yeah...on second thought let’s hope the event never gets this low on IPs. :lol:

Horror Lover likes this.
  10. Horror Lover

Horror Lover Member

Funny enough, Channel Zero was mentioned on HHN Hollywood's survey this year..

rageofthegods likes this.
  11. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

Funny story I mentioned of Channel Zero not being at Halloween Horror Nights to Holland Roden who was in the third season Butcher’s Block agreed that they should have made a Channel Zero maze.