Birthdays at Universal! | Inside Universal Forums

Birthdays at Universal!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 1, 2013
Hope I have posted in the right place. We may be going to Universal this Summer to celebrate our child's birthday and another Family member's on the same day - - does Universal have any kind of Birthday "perks" for guests at the Parks and resorts? Thanks!

If you eat at Hard ROck they will have the whole place scream happy birthday. One year they had me stand up on a platform by the bar but most of the times ive seen them just make them stand at there table. Still pretty cool. I dont remeber if the dessert was free though.

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel on my birthday and I received:
a free drink of choice (non alcoholic if you're under 21)
a HRH birthday pin
a piece of birthday cake waiting for me in my room

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel on my birthday and I received:
a free drink of choice (non alcoholic if you're under 21)
a HRH birthday pin
a piece of birthday cake waiting for me in my room

Yeah I got that too!!! That cake was amazing and I still have my pin. I got a card for free ice cream aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Well that is settled . . every time I go to Universal will be my birthday for now on :lol:

Is there a way they could prove it's not your actual birthday? In that case it's my birthday aswell

My daughter got the pin on her bday and loved it ... everyone saying happy birthday to her all the time (and at one stage had it announced over the speaker system) really made her day!

Is there a way they could prove it's not your actual birthday? In that case it's my birthday aswell

Ask for ID? Lol

I'll make sure I get my button in December!

I'm the OP of this thread and I wanted to give an update: My Daughter and I had a great time celebrating our birthday at Universal! We wore our birthday buttons and received a "Happy Birthday!" from just about every Universal team member we saw. It was even announced over the loud speaker at Jurassic Park ride. Woody Woodpecker sang Happy Birthday to us in his own way! We didn't receive any Fast Pass perks because we already had passes. But, the best surprise of all for my Daughter was a huge surprise Birthday Balloon bouquet with candy waiting for her when we returned to our room at the Royal Pacific that night! She also received an oversized hand personalized birthday card signed by the Royal Pacific team members!

Last edited:
I'm the OP of this thread and I wanted to give an update: My Daughter and I had a great time celebrating our birthday at Universal! We wore our birthday buttons and received a "Happy Birthday!" from just about every Universal team member we saw. It was even announced over the loud speaker at Jurassic Park ride. Woody Woodpecker sang Happy Birthday to us in his own way! We didn't receive any Fast Pass perks because we already had passes. But, the best surprise of all for my Daughter was a huge surprise Birthday Balloon bouquet with candy waiting for her when we returned to our room at the Royal Pacific that night! She also received an oversized hand personalized birthday card signed by the Royal Pacific team members!

This so awesome to hear! I'm glad you both had such a wonderful birthday experience! You often hear about how Disney does all these awesome experiences for special occasions, it's nice to hear about Universal for a change!