Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly I rather get a FNAF meet & greet/food booth or experience over an actual house. As popular as the IP is, doesn't mean it'll make a good house. But y'know if anyone can prove me wrong it's Universal so who knows
Universal could always tap into the video games. I think in doing so, it would eliminate the concerns about a FNAF house being repetitive.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I mean right now it's on track to beat Halloween 2018 reboot and was even on Peacock day one

A House could be work if your walking through the back stage area and it ends in the main arcade

Also not all Houses have to be scary....Ghost Busters had 3 hour waits and was not a scary house.

Universal would be INSANE not to bring them in someway back next year to HHN, it prints money and you have new iconic characters who aren't actors so works well for merch.

giphy.gif

A FNAF food booth or meet & greet alone would pull in a :poop: ton of people lol. FNAF is a powerhouse and it shocks me that there are still people who think it's not a giant property.

Honestly I rather get a FNAF meet & greet/food booth or experience over an actual house. As popular as the IP is, doesn't mean it'll make a good house. But y'know if anyone can prove me wrong it's Universal so who knows

the best answer is, scarezone. it would be the best scarezone. no need to worry about the house being scary. would be just as amazing as killer clowns zone. public would love it. would be incredible. just imagine those robots walking around universal in a zone.

a house would also be just like killer clowns.
if you liked killer clowns, this could be just as good.

the best answer is, scarezone. it would be the best scarezone. no need to worry about the house being scary. would be just as amazing as killer clowns zone. public would love it. would be incredible. just imagine those robots walking around universal in a zone.

a house would also be just like killer clowns.
if you liked killer clowns, this could be just as good.
100% agree about it working better as a Scarezone. Don't know why I didn't think about that before lol. That I would be hyped for tbh

It's got about as many locations and characters as something like Killer Klowns, which turned out just fine.
Lol I don't really agree with that tbh. Characters yeah, but locations? There's essentially only 1 location in FNAF. Story wise there's not much to explore (in an hhn house) either whereas with KKFOS at least there was a simple enough story that was easy to cover in the house(s). But that's just MY opinion. Not sure why it's a big deal :sob:

Lol I don't really agree with that tbh. Characters yeah, but locations? There's essentially only 1 location in FNAF. Story wise there's not much to explore (in an hhn house) either whereas with KKFOS at least there was a simple enough story that was easy to cover in the house(s). But that's just MY opinion. Not sure why it's a big deal :sob:

This is a discussion forum. People are going to debate positions and potentially disagree with the things you say here.

There are certainly plenty of characters. You probably don't need to cover the story of the movie - you can just immerse guests in the environments. Off the top of my head, you've got the restaurant's entryway, the arcade, the performance space, the kitchen, the security office, the back-of-house hallways, and the storage/animatronic repair room. That's at least seven scenes, and they'll probably revisit the performance area and/or arcade areas in a more distressed/chaotic state. Toss in a scene or two from the video games (or take some liberties with the back-of-house areas) and you've got a ten-scene house.

This is a discussion forum. People are going to debate positions and potentially disagree with the things you say here.

There are certainly plenty of characters. You probably don't need to cover the story of the movie - you can just immerse guests in the environments. Off the top of my head, you've got the restaurant's entryway, the arcade, the performance space, the kitchen, the security office, the back-of-house hallways, and the storage/animatronic repair room. That's at least seven scenes, and they'll probably revisit the performance area and/or arcade areas in a more distressed/chaotic state. Toss in a scene or two from the video games (or take some liberties with the back-of-house areas) and you've got a ten-scene house.
Agreed

I wish Black Phone didn't just do the movie and was only half a house, last year.

These are suppose to be experiences not re telling scene for scene of the films

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Off the top of my head, you've got the restaurant's entryway, the arcade, the performance space, the kitchen, the security office, the back-of-house hallways, and the storage/animatronic repair room. That's at least seven scenes, and they'll probably revisit the performance area and/or arcade areas in a more distressed/chaotic state. Toss in a scene or two from the video games (or take some liberties with the back-of-house areas) and you've got a ten-scene house.
The Exorcist (1973) has less rooms than that and Creative was able to squeeze out a full house. FNAF, if they choose to do it, should not have a issue with content.

A FNAF food booth or meet & greet alone would pull in a :poop: ton of people lol. FNAF is a powerhouse and it shocks me that there are still people who think it's not a giant property.
I mean, agreed

I posted after seeing the first weekend box office we should have a Meet and Greet right now.....but...no Universal holds things for a year now...when if you used the walking dead space to have people meet the anamatronic's i bet the line would be 1-2 hours allllll day if you had it open

Even if your not into the film or games the characters are just cool looking

Reactions: Lucky Planet
For me I just don't think any of that sounds exciting or fun. I'm sure the sets will look decent but I'm not very excited.

Just breaking it down to it's barest elements, a house themed to a haunted Chuck E. Cheese with killer animatronics can absolutely be varied in setpieces, scares, and sound cues while also being a solidly designed, intense house.

No sweat if you're just not into it, but I think the property has a good bit of potential.

Last edited:
Saw the movie last night, for the most part I enjoyed it? The last 10-15 minutes sorta soiled it for me though. It also made me a lot less interested in seeing an HHN house based on this IP. While I do think it'll most likely happen next year, I don't think it will work as a house. I have a feeling (if it does happen) that the house will be really repetitive and not very scary. Despite the popularity, I feel like this property isn't headliner material for an hhn house... lol :no_mouth:
To each their own. I'm in the camp of FNAF getting its own show at the DWT that takes advantage of the projection tech the venue has.

I can't imagine a scenario where Universal would license an IP as big as FNAF and not use it as a house, as that's exactly what the general public would want and anticipate. Having the characters roaming in a scarezone would likely have a lot of difficulties, as any suits would be bulky with limited visibility, and I feel that guests would frequently disrupt the scare actors for selfies and videos.

I think you can get at least different 8 rooms besides the entrance of the restaurant itself.
the facade for the first room could look like the restaurant entry. you got different hallways ( like in the SAW houses) and the rooms they went to in the movie. arcade room, kitchen area. security room, the room with the decaying animatronics.
main music room,
if anything the set up for this house could be like SAW, that house had similar looking rooms that a Freddy's restaurant house would have. ( same type of halloways and security room and stuff

I can't imagine a scenario where Universal would license an IP as big as FNAF and not use it as a house, as that's exactly what the general public would want and anticipate. Having the characters roaming in a scarezone would likely have a lot of difficulties, as any suits would be bulky with limited visibility, and I feel that guests would frequently disrupt the scare actors for selfies and videos.

but wouldn't be exactly like killer clowns outfits? these robots dont move fast, they would walk around the same way as killer clowns.

The key would be in the terms of performance, how the choreographer artists are involved.

The Animatronics feel like they could become the next Tethered in a high intensity based set of actors that need to be trained for how they shift around.

Last edited:
after seeing willy's wonderland
I have a better appreciation for this movie .
this one, it really was better. now I appreciate the story here more

Last edited:
Exactly, HHN could get ten years of houses from all of the games ... I could even see an original house being made (like Chucky had this year)

and technically, I hate to say it lol. but the layout of the fast and furious building is kind of perfect for this house. those Chucky hallways would actually fit this game house

• Love