Bob Iger Running for President? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Bob Iger Running for President?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
failed you and others. Not us- well, certainly not me.

:agree:

Sigh.... :(
Trump has business ties with the following Muslim majority nations:
-Saudi Arabia (should have a ban also IMO)
-United Arab Emirates
-Turkey
and potentially Egypt- though we are unsure.

Here are a list of Muslim majority nations not on the original ban (Iraq is now off):
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Chad
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Guinea
Indonesia
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Mayotte
Morocco
Niger
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Tajikistan
The Gambia
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Western Sahara

If I could offer you any advice- is don't trust the media at face value for anything. And that's either side. They are masters of manipulation and half truths. Saying a "muslim ban" will incite anger, defense, and general emotion then simply saying 7 of the 52 muslim majority nations. Why say this? It's all about emotions. Emotions deliver short "highs" and then you come back for more outrage/emotion. Once that news cycle is over- then onto the next outrage. They use our emotions to fuel us and get ratings. So if saying "banning muslims" is what entices emotion. That's what they'll say. Who cares if it picks and chooses the words as long as they get ratings. Look at O'Reilly for the other side- it's just as ridiculous. They use our endorphins against us.

Can you explain this more @quinnmac000 ? I've always considered myself closest politically to a Libertarian and typically vote as such for my local elections. Are you saying he could potentially trim government while being more socially liberal?
The problem is I do not watch the media. I get it from out of Donald Trump's mouth or Tweets or webpage or other political people's web pages and what comes directly out of there mouth. I don't care if the list of Muslim nations are a mile long because I don't think this ban should be about Religion as I stated in another post and am not going to get in again here. You are correct that the media is all about playing with our emotions and that goes with more things than just political stuff. Funny you bring up emotions because during the campaign Donald Trump thrived on stirring up emotions and getting his followers into a frenzy. You are correct emotions can play quite the nasty role in all of this.

I am now only going to post on things pertaining to Bob Iger running for President as I feel I have contributed way too much to this getting off topic. Sorry.

The problem is I do not watch the media. I get it from out of Donald Trump's mouth or Tweets or webpage or other political people's web pages and what comes directly out of there mouth. I don't care if the list of Muslim nations are a mile long because I don't think this ban should be about Religion as I stated in another post and am not going to get in again here.
The ban wasn't about religion and those words never came from anyone on Trump's teams mouth. They came from CNN. Or from other politicians trying to create a sh*t-storm of emotions. If it was a "muslim ban"- then they would have banned 50+ countries. We can debate until the cows come home if it the ban should have been done- or if it is effective (which I would likely argue it isn't in most all cases)- or any of those issues. But calling it a "muslim ban" is hogwash and created by the media, or facebook memes.
When you say things like this (emphasis on the bold)
Banning Muslims and certain Muslim Nations that don't have ties with your businesses is not the answer.
Then I don't quite believe all your news comes straight from the horses mouth as you are putting it. That line there is from twitter- or facebook- or friends- or a media outlet. Which is fine- if you want to get your media from those sources, millions do- but let's call a spade a spade here, please.

The ban wasn't about religion and those words never came from anyone on Trump's teams mouth. They came from CNN. Or from other politicians trying to create a sh*t-storm of emotions. If it was a "muslim ban"- then they would have banned 50+ countries. We can debate until the cows come home if it the ban should have been done- or if it is effective (which I would likely argue it isn't in most all cases)- or any of those issues. But calling it a "muslim ban" is hogwash and created by the media, or facebook memes.

Then I don't quite believe all your news comes straight from the horses mouth as you are putting it. That line there is from twitter- or facebook- or friends- or a media outlet. Which is fine- if you want to get your media from those sources, millions do- but let's call a spade a spade here, please.

To be frank, I wouldn't believe anything Trump said if his tongue were notarized.

I do notice that his move to discredit all sources of media that aren't him - "lugenpresse," I believe someone once called it - are working within a certain percentage of his base.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I always expected that the inevitable "Donald Trump in the Hall of Presidents" thread would be the one that got crazy.

Welp, wrong on me.
I honestly think Disney is smart enough to either keep the Trump AA silent, or limit him to the Presidential oath. I didn't expect much craziness there.

Reactions: GadgetGuru

The bottom line is that he has business ties with many of those Muslim Nations that were left off the ban. If the U.S. was going to ban Countries because of the fear of Muslims and terrorism then why not those countries as well and all the countries as a matter of fact? The fact is he has business ties in many of those countries and don't want to upset that even though he isn't suppose to be doing anything with his businesses at all or have any ties with them while he is President. That is a whole other can of worms. Also Donald Trump did say out of his mouth he wanted the ban to keep all Muslims out to keep the country safe. He also needs to worry about American Terrorism in his own backyard as well which I don't know how a ban will stop any of that. It is obvious you will see things your way and I mine so let's get back on topic.

Reactions: RevFreako
The bottom line is that he has business ties with many of those Muslim Nations that were left off the ban. If the U.S. was going to ban Countries because of the fear of Muslims and terrorism then why not those countries as well and all the countries as a matter of fact? The fact is he has business ties in many of those countries and don't want to upset that even though he isn't suppose to be doing anything with his businesses at all or have any ties with them while he is President.

You honestly don't see any bias in Focusing on the four countries not on the ban that he has business holdings in and not focusing on the 41 other Muslim majority countries not on the list he has no holdings in? God forbid the businesses have nothing to do with it. That wouldnt get the clicks and eyeballs. But biased speculation? That'll gettem, clearly. I'd say it's surprising to me that people fall for it- but at my age, nothing surprises me about people anymore.

You honestly don't see any bias in Focusing on the four countries not on the ban that he has business holdings in and not focusing on the 41 other countries not on the list he has no holdings in? God forbid the businesses have nothing to do with it. That would get the clicks and eyeballs.

The problem is that the biggest problem country on that list, and I mean number one with a bullet, which is Saudi Arabia - the country that brought us 9/11, the thing everyone's afraid of repeating, is not on the list. By an amazing stroke of luck, it's a country Trump is trying to build golf courses in. This isn't Alex Jones-level nuttery, this is a simple A to B.

Speaking of Alex Jones, anyone who takes advice from THAT crackpot has no business on a nickel tour of the White House, much less ascending to the Presidency.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The problem is that the biggest problem country on that list, and I mean number one with a bullet, which is Saudi Arabia - the country that brought us 9/11, the thing everyone's afraid of repeating, is not on the list. By an amazing stroke of luck, it's a country Trump is trying to build golf courses in. This isn't Alex Jones-level nuttery, this is a simple A to B.

Speaking of Alex Jones, anyone who takes advice from THAT crackpot has no business on a nickel tour of the White House, much less ascending to the Presidency.
It is funny you bring Saudi Arabia up. Right after the attack in the in Paris recently in the Louvre Donald Trump either stated out of his own mouth or on a Tweet I can't remember that the American People need to smarting up as you see what just happened in Paris. Well isn't that the truth Mr. Trump. The Muslim Attacker was from none other than Non Banned Business Relation Country of Saudi Arabia, but I guess when he got that part of the news is why we didn't here anything more from him in tweets or anything on that subject.

It is funny you bring Saudi Arabia up. Right after the attack in the in Paris recently in the Louvre Donald Trump either stated out of his own mouth or on a Tweet I can't remember that the American People need to smarting up as you see what just happened in Paris. Well isn't that the truth Mr. Trump. The Muslim Attacker was from none other than Non Banned Business Relation Country of Saudi Arabia, but I guess when he got that part of the news is why we didn't here anything more from him in tweets or anything on that subject.

He grows similarly quiet when the terrorist is a white, Christian, Trump supporter, as in Montreal a month or so ago.

Reactions: Pixie Jules
He grows similarly quiet when the terrorist is a white, Christian, Trump supporter, as in Montreal a month or so ago.
Terrorism comes in many colors, religions, sexes but really what it all boils down to is one thing and that is PURE HATE. We are seeing so much of it lately and this is from our own people and even in some cases our own leaders. Sure I agree for a stronger military and what those Men and Women do is awesome, but if we attack Isis and let's say we somehow defeat them, do we really end terrorism? No way. If this occurs another crazy group will form and gain strength and we are back to square one again. Banning people from our country is not going to accomplish much of anything except the strong possibilitity of fueling the hatred more between America and these other countries.

Terrorism comes in many colors, religions, sexes but really what it all boils down to is one thing and that is PURE HATE. We are seeing so much of it lately and this is from our own people and even in some cases our own leaders. Sure I agree for a stronger military and what those Men and Women do is awesome, but if we attack Isis and let's say we somehow defeat them, do we really end terrorism? No way. If this occurs another crazy group will form and gain strength and we are back to square one again. Banning people from our country is not going to accomplish much of anything except the strong possibilitity of fueling the hatred more between America and these other countries.

Now you're talking. Keeping that "useless to defeat isis" mentality up has you almost sounding like a nationalist/isolationist- so you and I might have closer ideals than you think ;)
I've always been a Ron Paul fan.

ETA: I appreciate all the dialogue and thank the mods for the allowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.