Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So current rumor is work on this is planned to begin later this year. If this ends up bearing weight, I would expect it to get an announcement at D23 Expo this year. Still no ride planned, but two restaurants apparently.

Horrible, stupid decision if that's true. I mean, why even bother at that point?

*fart noise*

I’m ok with them not having a ride for it as it’s better than nothing, but agree that it’s a stupid decision not to.

I would actually be more than ok if they opened Brazil without an attraction but added an attraction to somewhere like Japan or Canada, as an example.
So long as we get a new ride somewhere (not just England unless they Plus what is planned), it would be fine by me; it would also allow them to market two pavilions instead of one.

So current rumor is work on this is planned to begin later this year. If this ends up bearing weight, I would expect it to get an announcement at D23 Expo this year. Still no ride planned, but two restaurants apparently.

*fart noise*

Ah yes, they put in a new land and build everything except a ride/attraction which is what the park actually needs. Seriously, Rat, GotG and whatever flat going in UK won't be enough to fix Epcot's problem of attractions. To put in a new land without a attraction to draw people in this day and age is just...well when you think about it, it's fitting for Epcot, but not in a good way.

As you all know I’ll believe it when it opens, Disney’s track record when it comes to WS pavilions is abysmal.
I'm kinda right there alongside you for now. Rumors have gone on for years just about this particular pavilion and still we have yet to see any progress or hear anything from Disney. The rumors persist though and supposedly the sponsors are lined up (multiple corporate) and a timeline that they aim to start construction, so idk, it won't die.

I feel like this is something that WDI wants to happen more than Disney themselves actually cares about, which is why it's stuck with corporate sponsors. More than likely, they were told if you really want this, find someone who's willing to pay for it. I also think the lack of a ride again has to do with the IP mandate. There's nothing besides Rio that Disney has that would fit into Brazil (with Up! being a really, really loose fit).

I also think the lack of a ride again has to do with the IP mandate.

It's a shame that the limit of their vision is apparently "Well, there's no IP we can build a Fantasyland ride around for this pavilion."

Resurrecting the Venezuela aerial rainforest tram concept would be tremendous. But I expect people like Chapek think it would be "boring" and not timeless, relevant, Disney or family-friendly enough!

Reactions: therock
Personally, I would like to see a ride in each pavilion before they add a new country, but whatevs
In order for each country to get a ride they would have to get fairly creative in some countries (possibly build the show building across the street from the backstage from with a path over) as some don't have much room to expand, but most have enough room.

Hell, Germany has a show building that's now just offices that was supposed to be for the Rhine River Cruise. Maybe someday they'll actually use it for it's intended purpose.

Personally, I would like to see a ride in each pavilion before they add a new country, but whatevs

I like the idea but some sponsors just won't pay for it. If they can add a new country with a ride with sponsors then do that. If not, then yes, do rides in existing countries.

Reactions: shiekra38
In order for each country to get a ride they would have to get fairly creative in some countries (possibly build the show building across the street from the backstage from with a path over) as some don't have much room to expand, but most have enough room.

Hell, Germany has a show building that's now just offices that was supposed to be for the Rhine River Cruise. Maybe someday they'll actually use it for it's intended purpose.
Creativity is for the weak

Cynical answer.
Add a pavilion with a ride. People come once.

Open a pavilion. Add a ride later. People come twice.

Reactions: Nick
Cynical answer.
Add a pavilion with a ride. People come once.

Open a pavilion. Add a ride later. People come twice.

While this may work for Star Wars, that’s opening with at least one ride and, well, it’s Star Wars. idk how many guests will care enough about a WS pavilion to come before there’s a ride.

Reactions: belloq87
I like the idea but some sponsors just won't pay for it. If they can add a new country with a ride with sponsors then do that. If not, then yes, do rides in existing countries.

Disney is probably earning more money than at any time in it's history. Why does it need sponsors for attractions ?