Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't imagine a Pavilion costing $475M and not having a ride.
$450M is the high end that would include a ride. The version that doesn't have a ride costs about half of that price tag.

Could involve moving lots of infrastructure that supports the park, it's part of the reason TSL was so expensive.

In contrast London/Diagon was $250 mill or so (plus another $100 mill for HE).
Yeah, TSL's budget was actually inflated quite a bit because of how it affected infrastructure. People here this big number for TSL and think "What is Disney doing with their money"... well the fireworks launch site had to be relocated due to TSL. Costuming had to be relocated. A lot of demolition took place. Expanded parking lot. etc.

Disney likes to sneak the costs of smaller projects like those into the overall budget of a project, which is part of why their budgets end up being so high. The other reason is because they have money management issues.

Rio would be a perfect ride IP to go with it.
It actually really would be. Disney has nothing in their catalog that would work (well, technically the Three Cabs are from Brazil, but a Three Cabs ride isn't happening, even if Coco forces it out of Mexico).

BlueSky is mostly a mess, but Rio and Ice Age are fairly good properties for theme park integration. The question is will Disney use the characters, or will they just sell the animation studio off? Supposedly, according to Jim Hill, think-tank/blue sky discussions have been happening about Ice Age. I have no doubt that he is right and they are talking about it and possible integration now that the shareholders voted yes, but I don't think we'll see it for quite some time even if they do move forward.

Last edited:
$450M is the high end that would include a ride. The version that doesn't have a ride costs about half of that price tag.

Yeah, TSL's budget was actually inflated quite a bit because of how it affected infrastructure. People here this big number for TSL and think "What is Disney doing with their money"... well the fireworks launch site had to be relocated due to TSL. Costuming had to be relocated. A lot of demolition took place. Expanded parking lot. etc.

Disney likes to sneak the costs of smaller projects like those into the overall budget of a project, which is part of why their budgets end up being so high. The other reason is because they have money management issues.

It actually really would be. Disney has nothing in their catalog that would work (well, technically the Three Cabs are from Brazil, but a Three Cabs ride isn't happening, even if Coco forces it out of Mexico).

BlueSky is mostly a mess, but Rio and Ice Age are fairly good properties for theme park integration. The question is will Disney use the characters, or will they just sell the animation studio off? Supposedly, according to Jim Hill, think-tank/blue sky discussions have been happening about Ice Age. I have no doubt that he is right and they are talking about it and possible integration now that the shareholders voted yes, but I don't think we'll see it for quite some time even if they do move forward.
I imagine we'll have some kind of Brazil themed Pixar film soon

While the presence of a major ride would certainly be great news, I can only imagine what kind of IP tie-in Disney will attempt to attach to this. Nothing would immediately come to mind as being appropriate.

Honestly, that just screams to me that WDI has in mind of Rio, considering it taking place within the capital of Brazil (and also being a Fox IP).

It'd probably explain the Corporate red tape in a way, considering that the Fox Deal has not yet closed. That doesn't however mean that Disney can't plan on how to implement it in the fastest way possible.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Honestly, that just screams to me that WDI has in mind of Rio, considering it taking place within the capital of Brazil (and also being a Fox IP).

It'd probably explain the Corporate red tape in a way, considering that the Fox Deal has not yet closed. That doesn't however mean that Disney can't plan on how to implement it in the fastest way possible.

Does anybody really care about RIO, though? While modestly successful, neither movie blew the doors off, or anything.

Does Epcot really need more TSRs?
I know it seems absurd given how many they already have, but it can be hard finding a reservation weeks in advance for many of them, let alone day of... So, guess there’s still a demand for more believe it or not.

I mean, they have a whole AP option that is just Epcot after 4pm. What do you think people are using that for?

Ok, Rio is a no brainner fit but it isn't Disney. There's some rumors saying that the new Jungle "The Rock" Cruise is set in Amazonia and thre's a new DuckTales episode gathering 3Cabs. I'd like see DT and 3Cabs there, but bringing a "C" I'll accept any idea