Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

Is this arts festival thing new? Does it replace the art show they once did at DTD?
Second year. Very unique festival from the bunch. Here's the thread we had on it here with reviews and such last year if you wish to read: 2017 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot | Inside Universal Forums

Hmm curious if a ride will come with it or not
Latest i've heard is no, sadly. It's sort of silly since - if they do build this thing - why not build a ride to go along with it while you're at it? Could have to do with the sponsor they have only giving a certain amount of money, but then that again goes back to Disney just being cheap.

I mean, I'm hungry enough for a new World Showcase pavilion that I'll take one without a ride... but it really should have a ride. I'm curious why Disney would even bother without one. They think a restaurant and a shop or two are going to move the needle?

If Brazil is the country, I wish they would revive the suspended tram rain forest concept from the old Venezuela plans...
8420.P2WS_2D00_3.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

I mean, I'm hungry enough for a new World Showcase pavilion that I'll take one without a ride... but it really should have a ride. I'm curious why Disney would even bother without one. They think a restaurant and a shop or two are going to move the needle?
I personally think it's stupid to even plan a new country without a ride given the way that theme park lands are constructed these days. Not that a WS Pavilion is a full on "land", but you get what I mean.

As to why they would do it though? Easy. They have a sponsor that is willing to fund the majority of it. They'd be stupid to turn that down. The reason we aren't getting a ride though is because of WDI overspending though. They went over-budget on planning of the actual pavilion itself (like normal) and the ride that was originally supposed to be a part of the pavilion got cut.

The reason we aren't getting a ride though is because of WDI overspending though. They went over-budget on planning of the actual pavilion itself (like normal) and the ride that was originally supposed to be a part of the pavilion got cut.

Stuff like this is really maddening to me. Why is the company content to let WDI continue to just throw money away via inefficiency and bloated overhead?

Easy cheap attraction for Brazil.....A small plot of artificial grass, a goal in the shape of mouse ears, and a soccer ball. ;) it hits all the wants & desires of Disney fans, namely....*Interactivity *Real props *Thrill of scoring *No Screens....translates into a 5 star attraction....probably have to Fastpass Plus it, though.

Easy cheap attraction for Brazil.....A small plot of artificial grass, a goal in the shape of mouse ears, and a soccer ball. ;) it hits all the wants & desires of Disney fans, namely....*Interactivity *Real props *Thrill of scoring *No Screens....translates into a 5 star attraction....probably have to Fastpass Plus it, though.

Kings Island(and others I'd assume) beat them to it.

maxresdefault.jpg

If Brazil is the country, I wish they would revive the suspended tram rain forest concept from the old Venezuela plans...
8420.P2WS_2D00_3.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg
The hell is this?

The hell is this?

Concept Art of one of Epcot's once proposed pavilions, which lies in the list of once proposed pavilions including Spain, Aussie, UAE, and a few others. From what I gather, that is one of the concept art pieces that would've been apart of a Cable Car attraction.

Correct. Concept art for the proposed Venezuela pavilion.

There was enough conversation recently and throughout the entirety of the Epcot thread that it's about time we gave this a dedicated thread.

I dug this up from the old "State of Epcot" thread - I posted it back in March. This shows some slightly old, blue-sky Brazil concept art. This was leaked in 2014...

img_0769-jpg.3948
Yeah, like that, except not like that

Would Disney really put a giant Jesus in it's park? I mean, I know it's Rio's main landmark, but I just see this causing more controversy than it's worth.

Would Disney really put a giant Jesus in it's park? I mean, I know it's Rio's main landmark, but I just see this causing more controversy than it's worth.
I don't think you can do Brazil without building a replica of the Christ the Redeemer statue, personally.

Remember, WS Pavilions were originally intended to inform/give people a taste of other countries. Hell, multiple countries have churches. Sure a giant Jesus is potentially risky, but it's true to life and it's the most iconic thing in Brazil. It'd be like building France without the Eiffel Tower.

I agree, I'm just surprised. Disney has been pretty "PC" about religion in the past. Are there any other religious depictions/writings in the park that I'm not aware of?