Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Is this arts festival thing new? Does it replace the art show they once did at DTD?

Not really, except that this is now a thing and that isn't anymore. The art sold last year was almost exclusively Disney-related, unlike at DTD. Your David Doss and Jasmine Beckett-Griffin pieces, as well as a lot of stuff you could find in Art of Disney 365.

As for the rest, the food booths were good--the irony that Food & Wine probably has my least favorite food of the four festivals--while some of the minor displays were quite interesting (one was on Mary Blair's take on the Three Caballeros, other was concept art for EPCOT--both tucked into a corner of Odyssey). Hoping they expand those type of displays more this year. All in all last year's event felt like a test run for something that could end up a real fan favorite.

As for the rest, the food booths were good--the irony that Food & Wine probably has my least favorite food of the four festivals
Couldn’t agree with you more! I love Flower and Garden and Arts Fest Food sooo much. Food and wine has been thoroughly disappointing lately.

I also like that you can meet the artists at the Arts Fest. We got a piece we bought autographed last year and it was a highlight for sure.

Let’s hope that changes a bit from selling only Disney schlock.
They had a lot of local artists who were selling their stuff at the fest, but most of it was indeed Disney related. I do remember finding some pretty cool non-Disney stuff though if you went to the right artist.

Supposedly site prep will begin this year on the future site of Brazil.
What is criteria for selecting a new country?
Cash from new guests from that country ie tickets / hotels
Cash from existing guests ie merchandise, dining
Cash upfront from country / companies ie ‘sponsorship’
or
Most interesting country?

What is criteria for selecting a new country?
Cash from new guests from that country ie tickets / hotels
Cash from existing guests ie merchandise, dining
Cash upfront from country / companies ie ‘sponsorship’
or
Most interesting country?
I don't know anything about the actual process, but I would assume they are looking for non-controversial countries and someone who is willing to foot the bill. They have that with Brazil. Spain is said to be the country they are eyeing after Brazil (again, assuming it happens).

I'm still slightly skeptical since the last time a country was added was in 1988, but it does seem as though things are pointing in the right direction.

I don't know anything about the actual process, but I would assume they are looking for non-controversial countries and someone who is willing to foot the bill. They have that with Brazil. Spain is said to be the country they are eyeing after Brazil (again, assuming it happens).

I'm still slightly skeptical since the last time a country was added was in 1988, but it does seem as though things are pointing in the right direction.
Thx. 1988. Wow last was six years after first (opening). This is a big deal then...

Not officially confirmed (or even confirmed by insiders), but WDWNT claims that a Sushi and Steakhouse restaurant will be added as a third Table Service restaurant in the Japan Pavilion. They claim construction will begin within the next few weeks.

Based on the area they show highlighted, it will take up an extremely small portion of the backstage area:
JAPAN-RESTAURANT.png

BREAKING: Japan Pavilion at Epcot to Add Signature Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant - WDW News Today

As speculated, Disney has officially confirmed that the finale film for The American Adventure has been significantly reworked (adding new people, removing others), with a new digital projection system.

They've also said that they've rerecorded "Golden Dream" in a way that "...brings the beloved music and lyrics to life in a way that will resonate more than ever.” It sounds like the potential is there for a truly awful new version of the song, but I hope they don't mess with it too much; it's one of my favorite theme park songs.

In any case, we'll find out soon -- the attraction reopens next week.