Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd die laughing if they added a fictional country to the World Showcase.

Thematically, it's actually less offensive than Guardians. You could probably also argue than Frozen, because it's more rooted in reality. Culturally though, having your only legitiate representation of Africa in WS be a fictional country..... :bolt:

Thematically, it's actually less offensive than Guardians. You could probably also argue than Frozen, because it's more rooted in reality. Culturally though, having your only legitiate representation of Africa in WS be a fictional country..... :bolt:
The representation of Africa at DAK is a fictional country and is rooted in reality. I actually don't think there's an incredible difference between Harambe and Wakanda now that I think about it, but it's obviously more offensive to Africa as a nation for a representation of it to be a fictional comic book country.

Reactions: jtsalien
Pushes glasses up... well actually, Morocco is a part of the continent of Africa.

The representation of Africa at DAK is a fictional country and is rooted in reality. I actually don't think there's an incredible difference between Harambe and Wakanda now that I think about it, but it's obviously more offensive to Africa as a nation for a representation of it to be a fictional comic book country.

DAK being done so well is why I don't think we'll ever see Africa in Epcot.

Pushes glasses up... well actually, Morocco is a part of the continent of Africa.

You are 100%. That is a very intelligent way to look at it. However, as MIB taught us... A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it :lol:

I could just see the internet tearing it apart.

Personally it's not overly needed. South American representation along with potentially Australia (although I can see that being a DAK thing) are things i'd like to see.

Agreed. And because we can't have nice things, it's not like Disney doesn't have an extremely well loved Pixar IP to make a South America ride.

Agreed. And because we can't have nice things, it's not like Disney doesn't have an extremely well loved Pixar IP to make a South America ride.
Yep. Up could work, but they won't do it.

We'll see if Brazil actually happens. I don't normally believe in the hype around pavilions, but it seems like there's legitimate movement with this and it could actually be a thing. It's just so hard to get hopes up considering the history with WS pavilions.

Theres also that whole, Africa isn't a country thing.
Yeah, it's kind of a continent.

Problem is it's hard to add another African nation as the US has rough relations with many currently. Egypt for example - i'm sure WDI would love that task, but there's just too many social issues there.

:lol:

I'm actually not kidding about Spain and India, though. Both are in the pipeline for after Brazil (supposedly). India would be a good country to shoehorn the Jungle Book IP into.

Odd that they would be looking at India for Epcot when Asia at Animal Kingdom already offers an opportunity for them to do India-inspired attractions. A Jungle Book attraction - being so inherently about animals - going anywhere other than AK would be a head-scratching move.

Odd that they would be looking at India for Epcot when Asia at Animal Kingdom already offers an opportunity for them to do India-inspired attractions. A Jungle Book attraction - being so inherently about animals - going anywhere other than AK would be a head-scratching move.
Indian food good. Epcot food better than rides. India good fit Epcot.

I was just throwing that out there about a JB attraction... certainly no info about that. Have to get a pavilion built first before they can even think of that and that's the tough part.

Reactions: belloq87
Honestly, Wakanda wouldn't be a terrible fit for EPCOT. It has a culture rooted in reality that's also a center of innovation and science. It'd almost be a decent bridge between FW and WS. That said, it'd still be a bit of a stretch.

The question would be, does WDW have the ability to use Black Panther though.

To ask, has things been scaled back for the overhaul; following the problem that is the monorail?