Brenda | Inside Universal Forums

Brenda

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon I think you need to meet with Brenda and make her apart of IU. LOL. My good give her a camera and you'll have weekly if not daily footage from USH. or at least give her some IU merchandise that she could wear during her dancing.
I did meet her once. I have her number, and she knows about the site. Haven't pursued it beyond that though.

Reactions: MaynardPt
Is Brenda really you and you're just advertising yourself? ;)
LOL. NO. The videos are not on my tube page but from random guests(literally not 1 videos by the same channel). She is really getting people attention, I don't know what to make of it.  Its funny though every time I search for vids I know im coming across Brenda. LOL each vid is also about a week or so apart. I can see how employees are kinda mad the she's taking their attention but if she wasn't their most people just walk by any way. Next time im sure going to take a pic with her. LOL. BRENDA FOR USH MASCOT.

Haha who knows. Regardless, she may be not all well, so either way, I personally don't think it's best to pay too much attention.

I just realized: can you imagine if they had a walk around ET character? I adore the character, movie, and ride, but if I was 6 and saw ET in front of me, I'd pee....I'd pee everywhere. Hahaha.

Although an ET in drag (from the movie) would be hilarious.

She's just a sweet, lonely old lady. Giving her attention makes what worse?
To be honest, I feel bad for her.. Like, really bad. I don't exactly know why.. I mean, she isn't bugging anyone.. on purpose, at least. Maybe I'm being too much of a pushover, but I can't help but feel bad for an innocent lady who just dances around by herself in the same spot on a daily basis.  :(

To be honest, I feel bad for her.. Like, really bad. I don't exactly know why.. I mean, she isn't bugging anyone.. on purpose, at least. Maybe I'm being too much of a pushover, but I can't help but feel bad for an innocent lady who just dances around by herself in the same spot on a daily basis.  :(
She doesn't dance in the same spot she moves to different parts of the park that play music. Don't feel bad i'd feel worse is she was stuck at home dancing by her lonesome.

I've only seen her next to the caricature artists and the Swamp Musicians. Ah, I dunno.. it's like that feeling you get when you see a helpless little puppy and you just want to squeeze and hug it all nice and tight and tell it everything's alright whether or not it's in danger.  :lol:

No, I definitely feel bad for her, it's sad. But I just also feel bad for the cast members, as she distracts the audience away from the musicians. People stopping and staring at her is what I meant by giving her attention. I'm all for dancing and having a good time and being silly. Audience participation is fabulous. And like I said, I feel bad for her. I just mean I feel bad for the cast members as well.

I guess I just don't understand you guys. She doesn't not seem to me to be someone to feel bad or sorry for. She is socially awkward - I can relate - but she is doing something she loves every day. And I've seen characters and employees treat her with kindness and tell her to move along when she oversteps. Maybe I'm more sensitive to her because I see myself in her place someday. I'm going to be that "sad" old lady going to U everyday when I'm her age.

I guess I just don't understand you guys. She doesn't not seem to me to be someone to feel bad or sorry for. She is socially awkward - I can relate - but she is doing something she loves every day. And I've seen characters and employees treat her with kindness and tell her to move along when she oversteps. Maybe I'm more sensitive to her because I see myself in her place someday. I'm going to be that "sad" old lady going to U everyday when I'm her age.
Agreed. She's doing her thing and she's happy!

Good enough for me.

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
As a performer though, I can tell you that it can be very, very frustrating to be doing your job and have someone taking attention away from your role and onto themselves. Think about it from the actor / entertainer's side. If you were putting your all into a musical performance, and people were focusing instead on an audience member and not paying any mind to you, it would be very frustrating, and almost hurtful to some. 

I get that she's a little old lady and you know, I've got no issue with someone going to hang out at a theme park all day all week long because if I had the time, I'd do it too! I'd just ride Jurassic Park all day long and walk around. 

But bear in mind, to a performer, it is highly unfair to have your performance undermined by a guest. It's like the mother of the bride showing up in a wedding dress of their own and upstaging the bride. I get that there's no ill intention in her dancing around, she's just having a good time. But she is disruptive from an entertainment department standpoint and if she were to have a negative encounter with a guest for whatever reason, the park could end up in legal hot water if someone thinks she works for them. And personally, if I'm trying to enjoy a performance, I don't want the added bustle and clamor of people laughing at and recording the dancing guest instead of interacting with the paid performer trying to do their job. 

^ you hit the nail on the head. My thoughts exactly.

I think it's a similar reason as to why Disney doesn't allow anyone over a certain age to come dressed in a costume of their characters.

But yeah, as an actor I totally agree. I don't have anythi against the lady, i'm glad she's having fun. That's what the parks are for. But if she's overly distracting enough to draw attention from the paid performers, I think it's slightly rude/obnoxious. It sort if like when people obnoxiously yell the lines along with the ghost host in The Haunted Mansion. Im guilty of talking along with the ghost host, but when others do it obnoxiously and take away from the performance or attraction they paid to see or take away from the paid performers, it can come off as distracting and slightly rude, whether it's intentional or not.

It's an iffy topic, there will always be a difference of opinion. No one is rude to the lady, we're just discussing that things like that can be distracting to other guests or the performers.

One can argue that "well it's cute when little kids dance along to that kind of stuff, so why is it different for the lady" Well, its just naturally more distracting when an older lady does it.

I think if it's a "once in a while" thing there is no problem with what she does.  The problems start happening when it becomes a constant, like it has here.  Most people in the entertainment department will play along with guests like her.  They bring an energy to the performance that wasn't there.  But, when people start to show up to see her and not the entertainers, well, then it becomes an issue.  Especially in this day and age, if something goes viral (and it sounds like her unintended videos have), people will show up for her "performance" and not the real one.  I just hope it's not to point and laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.