Bye Bye Zebras | Inside Universal Forums

Bye Bye Zebras

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saw them in December. Not a big deal. You can still see them at the AK Lodge.

Seems odd to site acclimatisation as there are quite a few at Anomal Kingdom lodge. I think ther may be more to this than just that...

Does this mean will just have a blank ending then? No animals, no poachers, no nothing, just some plants?

The whole thing now is boring.... I mean I love seeing the animals, but the old storyline gave it a little more something and it really needs that something. Especially on those days the animals are not around to make it about the animals.

The whole thing now is boring.... I mean I love seeing the animals, but the old storyline gave it a little more something and it really needs that something. Especially on those days the animals are not around to make it about the animals.

I think it would be a great idea to bring back the old story, just without Little Red's mother dying(along with you driving by her corpse).

Also, how did Disney not research Zebras more before adding them. I mean, they attacked ride vehicles filled with guests. I think that was just a really bad move on Disney's part.

Haha, drive through merchandising, all part of Disney's NextGen initiative.

Seriously though, I hope we get something there, because the the ride just ends...

Yes it does.

For everyone who likes it or not. The underlying pocher storyline to it was there for a reason. It gave the ride more excitement than just seeing animals on a fake drive through. After minutes of being immersed in that enviorment it took it a step into actually being in Africa rather than Lion Country Safari with Nicer scenary and Jeeps.

what is kind of sad is every major attraction at Animal Kingdom has lost some major things that gave them a lot of their charm.

Safari Climax
Countdown to Extinction animatronic configuration and effects
Tree of Life view in the paths leading to Tough To Be a Bug
Kali River Rapids effects gone
Expedition Everest effects including the main one gone.

I strongly agree. When we went to WDW last year we skipped the Safari attraction since we had no interest in it without the story. There's plenty of other safari attractions in this country and the backstory is what set Disney's above the rest. Safari attractions get kind of blah after a few trips.

WAIT!!!!!! They removed the Big Red/Little Red ending???!!!! Why? Because it portrayed and educated the public on a REAL threat, and because one of the animals "died"? What, did tourists actually complain to guest services??!! ARGH!!!!!:mad::bang: That ending was one of my favorite parts of the ride, not to mention it was (is?) HEAVILY telegraphed in the queue videos you would watch while waiting (unless they removed this aspect of the vids?). Either way, that gave the ride a story, inserted an adventurous and exciting element into it (loved that fast paced and thrilling ending) and was actually one of the main reasons I would re-ride it. So, how does it end now??? Does the jeep ever speed up? is there any element of danger to the ride at all??? Way to neuter a great attraction Disney. I'll have to check it out again just to see how it ends but something tells me that I won't have as much incentive to re-ride this one until they find someway to breathe life back into what is now an enjoyable but dull ride.

WAIT!!!!!! They removed the Big Red/Little Red ending???!!!! Why? Because it portrayed and educated the public on a REAL threat, and because one of the animals "died"? What, did tourists actually complain to guest services??!! ARGH!!!!!:mad::bang: That ending was one of my favorite parts of the ride, not to mention it was (is?) HEAVILY telegraphed in the queue videos you would watch while waiting (unless they removed this aspect of the vids?). Either way, that gave the ride a story, inserted an adventurous and exciting element into it (loved that fast paced and thrilling ending) and was actually one of the main reasons I would re-ride it. So, how does it end now??? Does the jeep ever speed up? is there any element of danger to the ride at all??? Way to neuter a great attraction Disney. I'll have to check it out again just to see how it ends but something tells me that I won't have as much incentive to re-ride this one until they find someway to breathe life back into what was an enjoyable but dull ride.

It was removed because the story was terribly forced, and people wanted more animals.

I don't think getting rid of the particular story was a bad idea, but the execution is lacking.

Part of the problem with the "storyline" was that it seemed rather tacked-on and what effects there were kept getting axed. In the last three years (I'm in the parks a few times a month), the old bridge effect has only been used once while I was riding. When the poachers story was still there, the jeep on a track that chased our jeep was cut, the geysers were cut, and it turned into "hey the jeep is going to speed up now while we go past some props on the side of the road". The pre-opening plotline had Big Red laying dead and sans-tusks in the grass, but was seen as too upsetting for guests. They should've just taken the plot and effects more seriously, but I digress.

From what I gather, zebras are real jerks to the other animals and as well known as they are, I think giving more attention and awareness to other more threatened species is a wise move.

Reactions: Cwoolboy