Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You will not be charged extra if you booked with two and showed up with 4 as long as your room can accommodate 4 people. Meaning if it only has 1 king or queen in the room that would be a problem. But if you booked a room that has 2 queen beds in it. You will not get charged extra. At all. They will ask how many room keys you want when you check in.

Most hotel rates in the US are based on double occupancy. If you look at the fine print when booking, you can be subject to extra fees for more guests. Most hotels are very lenient about them, some are sticklers. I can see Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls being lenient because Express Passes aren't available at those hotels, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see the fees at the other three hotels.

Essentially, YMMV.

All Universal Orlando Resort Hotels do NOT charge for any additional guests, unless they are over the maximum as @darkridelover said. Also, they only make one person in your family have their room key out when going through the early access check point (they say that as you're approaching so they don't clog up the entrance). We've actually used an old key from a previous trip to get in before (before AP received early entry).

Well... those were originally for March 28th.
That's pretty close though. When I checked though, it was early April, so you might have looked before I went on the site....Bottom line though, it's much closer than the June 23rd date that was bandied about. That date probably reflected filled bookings as Joe Camel & I said earlier.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I didn't know they were working on CBBR already, anyone know what happening.
Constructing going on poolside at CBBR, what's going on here? https://t.co/moOe5uIzBP

Much needed courtyard poolside dining. The fact that all to food options are on the other side is the reason that we chose to stay in a tower for our next visit. but this will be nice once completed. anyone know of an opening date?

Reactions: Joel
One thing to keep in mind about the new towers that we've noticed this week, is that they're very much being used by the grad bash folks (and other youth groups) because of how many bodies you can slam into them.
You maaaay not be getting the quietest nights sleep in them, based on the noise we heard when walking past them last night...

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel