Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love it, but there used to be a chain of Jack LaLanne fitness centers in the 70's/80's (that got bought out by Bally's).

It fits the theme of the hotel PERFECTLY:
jack_lalanne_logo.jpg

I love it, but there used to be a chain of Jack LaLanne fitness centers in the 70's/80's (that got bought out by Bally's).

It fits the theme of the hotel PERFECTLY:
jack_lalanne_logo.jpg

This seems to check out, some say he effectively invented our modern concept of fitness centers.

CBBR is knocking it out of the park! :cheers: Can't wait for it to open at the end of this month, and then the second wing in just a few months! Regardless of the lack of Express, CBBR will be a great addition to UOR, and it will really stand out as a superior option against all the similarly priced hotels / resorts in the area :thumbs:

CBBR is knocking it out of the park! :cheers: Can't wait for it to open at the end of this month, and then the second wing in just a few months! Regardless of the lack of Express, CBBR will be a great addition to UOR, and it will really stand out as a superior option against all the similarly priced hotels / resorts in the area :thumbs:
I agree. We're going to give it a try in Sept. We're doing our first 5 nights there and then 8 nights at the Royal Pacific. Can't do an entire vacation without Express, we're spoiled. But Cabana does look terrific, we'll be one of the first people in the new section rooms opening in July, and the pools & lazy river look like a lot of fun. And the rooms are under a $100 a night for 5 nights in Sept. It actually looks a step above the Disney values and equal to the Disney moderates at half the price of a Disney moderate. It will be our first vacation outside of Portofino, but we took a walk through the Royal Pacific last trip and the hotel looks great. Its nice to have alternate on site hotel choices, just to keep vacations fresh.

Is the fitness center opening with the resort at the end of this month or will it open along with other phases of the resort?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the bridge would be at least started by now, but they're just repaving the road right now. I'm guessing the first CB guests who stay there later this month will have to take shuttle buses or drive their own vehicles to the parking lot.

So the walkway bridge hasn't even begun construction? That is indeed a little surprising. You'd think that would be an important aspect they'd want completed by opening day. Apparently not.

Still very impressed by the entire hotel though. Staying there in October for HHN.

You'd think that would be an important aspect they'd want completed by opening day. Apparently not.
They'll have the bus transportation to the parks still, so it's really no big deal. And remember, the bridge is being funded by the city of Orlando, so that could be causing some delays as well.

Glad to see the bridge is getting started.

They say there's going to be buses transporting guests until the bridge opens. This may sound like a dumb question, but where do the buses drop you off in CityWalk? Never really noticed before; I always park in the garage, valet, or stay on-site and utilize the water taxi.