Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Glad to see the bridge is getting started.

They say there's going to be buses transporting guests until the bridge opens. This may sound like a dumb question, but where do the buses drop you off in CityWalk? Never really noticed before; I always park in the garage, valet, or stay on-site and utilize the water taxi.
Where the main esplanade of the parking deck is (where the merch/F&B location is before heading out to the garage), there is a escalator on the side to go down for Taxi/car/bus. That area is where pickup and drop-off is.

Actually, the drop off for the on-site resorts' transportation is to the right of USF. If CBBR will use the same buses / route, you will get dropped off HERE.

Aww. That drop off loop was/is called "Celebrity Circle" and it used to be where VIPs and celebrities would get dropped off at the entrance to USF (back before CityWalk/IOA existed). Literally 20 yards from the front archway. A nice little relic from the past!

Aww. That drop off loop was/is called "Celebrity Circle" and it used to be where VIPs and celebrities would get dropped off at the entrance to USF (back before CityWalk/IOA existed). Literally 20 yards from the front archway. A nice little relic from the past!

It really is pretty cool when they do that, wish I had pictures. We stepped off the bus onto the red carpet and were greeted by Woody, Betty, Marilyn, and a few more I can't remember.

Some incredible interior photos have just been posted on that other website in the universal/construction thread. The bar will knock your socks off. It is all gaggingly accurate to the period.

I really hope they either get more buses or get larger buses, I took one of the buses from the Portofino in the off-season because of severe weather stopping the boats, and that bus not only took about 30 minutes bu filled up very quickly.

Some incredible interior photos have just been posted on that other website in the universal/construction thread. The bar will knock your socks off. It is all gaggingly accurate to the period.

Incredible is definitely the correct word to use. I think one of our hosts is staying there on March 31. I'm looking forward to his report.

Holy sh**. They knocked it out of the park. Families are going to love this place! Wow wow wow.

(I still think having the word "Beach" in the title is a big mistake. There isn't one. But who cares, the hotel is beautiful.)

Last edited:

Still can't find it :'(

Holy sh**. They knocked it out of the park. Families are going to love this place! Wow wow wow.

(I still think having the word "Beach" in the title is a big mistake. There isn't one. But who cares, the hotel is beautiful.)

I kinda agree that it is a little silly, but the theme is beach hotels. Why would they pick that theme if it is nowhere near a beach, maybe they should have used this theme next to WnW instead. But it still looks fantastic. :thumbs:

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but won't the swimming pools simulate a beach? There's a special name for it, I think... Drawing a blank right now.

Zero entry pools with a sandy bottom. That would be amazing if they did something like what they have at Beach Club/Yacht Club, but I think they are pretty pricey when it comes to upkeep.

Drove by today real early on my way into work. I snapped a photo of the Cabana Bay sign all lit up, though it's not worth uploading - too blurry. Anywho, the place looks friggin beautiful in person and I've only seen it from afar! I can only imagine up close.

Oh, and the biggest Starbucks in the world will reside here..

My jaw dropped. The concept art impressed me, but the final product is a whole league above what I was envisioning.