Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The boats have never been a resort guest only privilege. Universal wants park guests and CityWalk guests to take advantage of the food and bar options at the hotels.

The primary way guests will be going to and from Cabana Bay will be on buses, with the walkway as a secondary means. They just purchased a fleet of "new" (used) buses that are getting wrapped to look old fashioned and they hired a bunch of new drivers for them.

The boats have never been a resort guest only privilege. Universal wants park guests and CityWalk guests to take advantage of the food and bar options at the hotels.

That makes me feel better about using them without staying at a resort haha now I wonder if Disney is ok with me doing that (I mean, I do it anyway, but the boat captain starts to look a little annoyed after a while :p)...

Last edited:
I don't think a ton of people are going to walk. When we stay at the Portofino, that's about the same 15 minute distance, we walk about half of the time and we don't see very many people on the path. It's one thing to take the fairly short walk from the Royal Pacific to Citi Walk or from Hard Rock to the Studios, it's a different ball game when you're walking apx. 3/4 of a mile. Most people will take the shuttle, no doubt.

Thanks for the info :smiley: I've never stayed on property before...Since it looks like we'll be walking past the Royal Pacific, will we be able to stop there and use the water taxi? Also, how do we get from one side of Hollywood Way to the other without having to cross the busy street? I feel like it takes forever to get from the parking garage to City Walk, is the walk from Cabana Bay still going to be quicker even with this path change?

I agree. That entrance is not that busy. And the walk from CBBR will probably be about 15 to 20 minutes. Definitely farther from that garage, unless you park at the very ends of the garage. Then it might be the same. At least you have the moving sidewalk from the garage. :) I think most people will not double back and take the water taxi. They may try it once, but that is it. What they may do though is turn right at the convention entrance and walk that way. That was why I thought the bridge would go over Hollywood Way so there would be no access to RPR at all.

Also,untill the bridge opens, the temporary route will be crossing Hollywood Way at the Turkey Lake Rd. intersection.

Yea, that looks like it's going to be a pretty long walk, especially in summer heat. But I think the Portofino walk is too far as well. I know if I was staying at Cabana Bay I would be taking the buses.

I took the new plans and have drawn them out for everyone. It's a bit easier to see it now.

Garden.png

And in case anybody forgot what the new bridge will look like:

garden_bridge_universal_orlando8.jpg

Excellent visual! Thanks, Gambit!! :thumbs:

The primary way guests will be going to and from Cabana Bay will be on buses, with the walkway as a secondary means. They just purchased a fleet of "new" (used) buses that are getting wrapped to look old fashioned and they hired a bunch of new drivers for them.

Cool deal! Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

Reactions: rozfan

While this is usually true, when the boats are filling up they can give hotel guests priority. Also, after around midnight-2 (I believe it varies) it does become a resort guest only privilege.

So it seems that we'll take the bus most of the time and not even worry about the walk lol I know we'll walk once at least though.

Seth wrote this article a few days ago and though I may have skimmed it at the time it is regarding this newer "Garden" bridge which I have never heard of.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/0...ach-resort-garden-bridge-construction-update/

So...

Seth, is the hollywood way bridge coming or is this it? It is somewhat unclear in your piece. Perhaps the city of Orlando wouldn't pony up for the larger span?

Sorry for the slow response, I haven't check the boards in a few days.
Screamscape seems to have released the same artwork that I was leaked last month but asked not to share, sorry I had to be vague. Now that it's in the wild, I can confirm that the original plan (as presented to the govt) to build across Hollywood Way and use the existing IOA-side path was replaced with this garden bridge over adventure way and garden path along RPR.
BUT there is no way this new path will be done by 3/31, so there will have to be a way to cross Hollywood Way and walk along the current sidewalk at least temporarily. Shuttle busses alone can't handle the massive number of guests at CBBR.

Anyone have insider info on what the hotel occupancy is like for the first few months? I'm curious to know what their occupancy forecast is like.

No specifics, but I am guessing from what I've heard that they are expecting high occupancy rates. That's why they fast tracked the lazy river for opening with Diagon Alley in June.

I booked for first week of June. When I spoke to a rep over the phone I was told most of the suites around memorial day weekend and the first week of June, are almost completely sold out.

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow response, I haven't check the boards in a few days.
Screamscape seems to have released the same artwork that I was leaked last month but asked not to share, sorry I had to be vague. Now that it's in the wild, I can confirm that the original plan (as presented to the govt) to build across Hollywood Way and use the existing IOA-side path was replaced with this garden bridge over adventure way and garden path along RPR.
BUT there is no way this new path will be done by 3/31, so there will have to be a way to cross Hollywood Way and walk along the current sidewalk at least temporarily. Shuttle busses alone can't handle the massive number of guests at CBBR.

That's why Universal just hired a ton of new bus drivers and has bought a bunch of themed Cabana Bay full buses.

https://twitter.com/OutpostOrlando/status/447408343809024000/photo/1