Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think someone said March 31st. I'm not an insider though, just going by what I've read others say. I do know that per the Universal site, that the lazy river and the standard rooms will not open until June 16th.

Screamscape has four images of the bridge & the walking path to the parks. It appears that the path will be on the same side of the road as the Royal Pacific & the empty lot. They do not appear to be using the sidewalk on the IOA side of the road.

Screamscape has four images of the bridge & the walking path to the parks. It appears that the path will be on the same side of the road as the Royal Pacific & the empty lot. They do not appear to be using the sidewalk on the IOA side of the road.

Then what is the point of the bridge over Hollywood way? Their info cannot be correct or, is at least, only partially correct.

Scratch that kinda... I thought this was to be built over Hollywood way? We've seen city proposals for the bridge and everything.

I guess there is going to be two bridges...

Last edited:
Then what is the point of the bridge over Hollywood way? Their info cannot be correct or, is at least, only partially correct.

Hum, that's different. It shows the bridge over Adventure Way instead of Hollywood. Then the path just connects up to the existing path for RPR to the parks. So it is a lot less direct than what I was thinking.

Looking at the ground plans they posted it looks like it makes more sense just to cross over Adventure Way and connect to the existing pedestrian path from Royal Pacific. I don't think they are building any bridge over Hollywood Way. Unless they've broken ground.

Reactions: natespf
This path that Screamscape is showing would be a much more attractive path than the sidewalk on the IOA side. It looks like the whole path will be themed similar to the Portofino to Studios and RP to Citi Walk paths. That's a big plus since they are very enjoyable walks. But it is a bit longer than the IOA side walk. Probably apx. the same as the Portofino walk (apx. 15 minutes)....Teebin: There were previous posting of the Garden Bridge a good while back. But it seemed that everyone just understood it was going across Hollywood, but Adventure Way seems to make more sense since it allows for a very scenic pathway.

Last edited:
This path that Screamscape is showing would be a much more attractive path than the sidewalk on the IOA side. It looks like the whole path will be themed similar to the Portofino to Studios and RP to Citi Walk paths. That's a big plus since they are very enjoyable walks. But it is a bit longer than the IOA side walk. Probably apx. the same as the Portofino walk (apx. 15 minutes)....Teebin: There were previous posting of the Garden Bridge a good while back. But it seemed that everyone just understood it was going across Hollywood, but Adventure Way seems to make more sense since it allows for a very scenic pathway.

That is true that it is more aesthetically pleasing than what could be done on the IoA side of the road.

One more point. If that is the pathway, the potential 5th hotel would have an easy access to the entire path to Citi Walk. That even makes it more sensible than the IOA side walkway.

I took the new plans and have drawn them out for everyone. It's a bit easier to see it now.

Garden.png

And in case anybody forgot what the new bridge will look like:

garden_bridge_universal_orlando8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gambit! I finally understand, haha. This actually makes way more sense than using the IOA side; it looks like it will be a nice walk. I can only think though that the section from Margaritaville to the split by the new RPR bridge will end up being very congested once Cabana Bay opens, and even more so after the fifth hotel. That walk from Royal Pacific is so nice and tranquil at the moment, I hope it remains so! I guess the increased distance to CBBR might put a few off walking, and if the fifth gets a water taxi extension then that will help too.

Thanks for the info :smiley: I've never stayed on property before...Since it looks like we'll be walking past the Royal Pacific, will we be able to stop there and use the water taxi? Also, how do we get from one side of Hollywood Way to the other without having to cross the busy street? I feel like it takes forever to get from the parking garage to City Walk, is the walk from Cabana Bay still going to be quicker even with this path change?

Last edited:
Not really, there's really not that much traffic unless there's a major convention going on. I tend to come into the resort from Turkey Lake Rd, and I rarely ever see cars going in and out of that entrance.

Thanks for the info :smiley: I've never stayed on property before...Since it looks like we'll be walking past the Royal Pacific, will we be able to stop there and use the water taxi? Also, how do we get from one side of Hollywood Way to the other without having to cross the busy street? I feel like it takes forever to get from the parking garage to City Walk, is the walk from Cabana Bay still going to be quicker even with this path change?

I don't imagine they'd mind (although at night they do check room keys) but to be honest it wouldn't be worthwhile; once you'd got that far it'd be quicker to carry on walking than double back to the RPR dock and wait for a boat.

I don't imagine they'd mind (although at night they do check room keys) but to be honest it wouldn't be worthwhile; once you'd got that far it'd be quicker to carry on walking than double back to the RPR dock and wait for a boat.

I think RPR guests would mind, though. Imagine the lines for the RPR boat at Citywalk each night if a significant # of CBBR guests decide to cut their walk home in half and hop on the RPR boat?

I hope they check room keys.

I think RPR guests would mind, though. Imagine the lines for the RPR boat at Citywalk each night if a significant # of CBBR guests decide to cut their walk home in half and hop on the RPR boat?

I hope they check room keys.

Nevermind.....I was working under the incorrect assumption that the new path went right past the RPR Dock. I see now that it does not.