Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Absolutely. I think there's actually a lot of potential here if they really wanted to go the distance. Tiki decor, balconies, a rooftop tiki bar facing Volcano Bay, exclusive entrance into the park, etc. I doubt they'll take things that far (maybe the exclusive entrance), but it'd be nice. That'd be pure heaven for me.

A rooftop tiki bar overlooking the volcano would make a stupid amount of money. Considering they signed on Jack Lalanne's name, they'd be smart to bring in something like Trader Vic's or Don the Beachcomber's

I just don't understand where all of these new hotel guests are coming from. Were they staying at the surrounding hotels previously? Why are they staying at Cabana instead? The transport convenience? Purchases delivered to the hotel?

I just don't understand where all of these new hotel guests are coming from. Were they staying at the surrounding hotels previously? Why are they staying at Cabana instead? The transport convenience? Purchases delivered to the hotel?

People like to be on property. It's just a feeling of "being there" you don't get from the other surrounding hotels.

It's too good of an idea, meaning it won't happen.:lol:

After the Hogwarts Express happened, which was basically just a totally batshit insane armchair Imagineering fanboi fantasy, I don't hardly discount the possibility of Universal doing ANYTHING now.

Because Cabana Bay is the tits.

I have had my fair share of staying on site since they opened all the onsite hotels but now that my wife and I started a family staying at the $200-$300 a night places are fewer and further between. That being said, we would stay off site more in the past but now with Cabana being super reasonable and more affordable its a lot easier to swing a stay there so now we do stay at Cabana a lot instead of the offsites we used to.

I am planning a Universal only holiday for myself next year and Cabana Bay is where I shall be staying, mainly because it is onsite and getting the the parks is going to be real easy, oh and its budget friendly too.

After the Hogwarts Express happened, which was basically just a totally batshit insane armchair Imagineering fanboi fantasy, I don't hardly discount the possibility of Universal doing ANYTHING now.

Because Cabana Bay is the tits.
FACT.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Cabana Bay is just a fantastic on site hotel for the money. I was blown away by how beautiful the pool & courtyard area is in the evening. And a nice uncrowded lazy river. The suites, though small, are comfortable at a really nice price point. This resort will definitely continue to be part of my future. 5 nights at Cabana and 8 nights at Portofino is a great combination of value & luxury. Universal hit it just right on price & services & theme. A real home run.

How many floors will the towers be?

Parking does seem like it will be tight, but I know they have a plan for that.

11 or 12 is what was planned a year and a half ago. Perhaps JungleSkip can tell us what was in the annals of the contract... :blank:

Pretty cool. It seems like two 11-12 tower hotels could fit more than 400 rooms to me; maybe I'm just not very good at estimating that stuff.