Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

If I was to wager, probably. It wouldn't make sense if its open months before the waterpark opens.
Not unless they open up early to attract that special crowd of "construction watchers" (cough cough all of us cough cough) that would book the VB facing rooms just to have prime view of the process. That would be a unique thing for Universal to do. lol Not just for that crowd, but that would fuel buzz for the park. Even people who don't care about the process will be looking out their windows at whats going on. They will start talking and really spread the excitement. We spread our excitement on forums. Others blast it on Yelp and other broader outlets. This is just me dreaming. I know Universal doesn't like for you to see their dirt so I doubt it would open before VB is ready. **sigh**

No point sitting on capacity and not making use of it. It'll be interesting to see how fast these go up though.

Anyone know if preliminary work was done, or if utilities were originally placed for easy future connections, with these potential new buildings in mind during the original phase?

I can't imagine they didn't do some preliminary stuff for plumbing and electrical with all the construction around there for original CB and now VB, especially knowing the towers were on their way.

Anyone know if the Towers will have their own pool?

I have no idea, but I would seriously doubt it. The south Cabana pool and lazy river will only be 300' from either tower. For perspective, the northern-most reaches of the Cabana zig zag buildings are also 300' from the south pool and lazy river.

It's pretty obvious the towers were coming, especially given the blandness of the southernmost points on both the Americana and Continental. How many stories will they have? Each tower will have 200 rooms, obviously, but will there be any suites or penthouses?

It's pretty obvious the towers were coming, especially given the blandness of the southernmost points on both the Americana and Continental. How many stories will they have? Each tower will have 200 rooms, obviously, but will there be any suites or penthouses?

I believe Teebin said it'd be about 11 to 12 floors.

Ok, so around 18 rooms per floor, sounds fair. I wonder if they'll be themed to VB's color scheme or retain CB's mid-century pop colors. The contrast could be really bad, or really good. Kind of upset there was no artwork shown. Come to think of it, they've been very stingy with artwork as of late (or maybe I'm just impatient and more is coming soon).

It's entirely possible that there is no art because it's not going to look any different than the other towers. But on the other hand, it could be that same strategy of Universal not wanting to release too much information until close to opening so that people don't delay their vacations.

Last edited:
Uni needs all the hotel rooms it can get. Barring an epic collapse in demand or Sapphire inexplicably being a huge bust, these rooms will open as soon as they're ready.

Yup. Just booked a stay on-site for Horror Nights and the three Deluxe hotels were sold out and there was only a Courtyard Family Poolside at Cabana left... for more than I paid for any of my 5 stays last year. :lol: They could use more rooms ASAP.

Building permit now out for Cabana Towers. 11 stories. Bridges to connect to existing resort.

Screenshot%202015-09-09%20at%204.13.39%20PM_zpsx3hulh26.png

Screenshot%202015-09-09%20at%204.22.35%20PM_zps47jlj1qh.png