Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Impossible, Seth! Snarky people on twitter say there's no one there! :bonk:
Well, he did say in the same sentence the pool and diner didn't feel too busy. When things don't feel busy, people assume that there aren't a lot of people around.

- - - Updated - - -

That is comparable. With shoes its $19/person, Splitsville is $15/person daytime and $20/person evenings and weekends (with shoes).
Or you could skip both and go to the great and classy King Bowl Orlando and pay $5 before 6 or $6/$7 after depending on the day. With shoe rental, the max cost per person would be $10.

Or you could skip both and go to the great and classy King Bowl Orlando and pay $5 before 6 or $6/$7 after depending on the day. With shoe rental, the max cost per person would be $10.

That's only for one game, though. So really, you're probably going to bowl 2 or 3 games with 2-3 people in an hour, so you're still looking at about the same price at Kings for an hour of bowling.

It shouldn't feel busy is only 1/3 of the hotel is currently done. If it did feel busy and the rest isn't even open yet, I'd really be worried.

Has anyone found out if pool hopping is allowed at CBR?

I'm staying at the Hard Rock in a few weeks and we were going to go pool hopping. How should we go about getting there from the Hard Rock?

Wow, they really nailed the early '60s theme. Even down to the amenities.

universal-cabana-bay-resort-7-033114.JPG

Thanks to News13 for the photo.

Reactions: natespf
I was under the impression that Zest was phased out years ago by P&G...or was it sold? Does anyone know if thats actual Zest or just a nifty design?

I was under the impression that Zest was phased out years ago by P&G...or was it sold? Does anyone know if thats actual Zest or just a nifty design?

P&G sold the Zest brand to High Ridge Brands, which also has the U.S. rights for VO5.

I just love how much detail they put into this value resort. :thumbs:

A fun fact the not many people have mentioned is the Galaxy Bowl is a replica of the bowling alley in the cult classic movie The Big Lebowski.

Film version:

the-big-lebowski-3.jpg

Lebowski%20Alley.jpg

Cabana Bay:

uor_cabanar_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf
Hey guys.. I'm here now. This resort exceeded all my expectations and I was insanely excited for it already. The room and grounds are beautiful. Heading to the pool. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey guys.. I'm here now. This resort exceeded all my expectations and I was insanely excited for it already. The room and grounds are beautiful. Heading to the pool. Let me know if you have any questions!

Are you able to see any construction area for the lazy river?

The hotel looks amazing, the only minor thing I would change is that "diving platform" that is actually the slide...it looks a bit dull being plain concrete...I think having a brightly colored design element on the sides would make it look better.