Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
GUrBrq5WwAAATFQ

GUrBtYLWYAAc1h5

Last edited:
My main question is, what is the ride system? The mention of going through mud, etc, and concept art don’t seem to match the current Radiator Springs/ Test Track ride system. This is me dreaming, but could it be some version of that trackless dynamic ride vehicle that dynamic attractions showed off at IAAPA a few year ago?

Reactions: GAcoaster
Wish it was Hollywood studios, but probably time for the community to move beyond the "wrong placement" debate. I'm happy it forced them to reimagine RSR to give us something that can still feel unique.

Reactions: belloq87
Can we try to maybe be at least a little bit positive? We don’t need the Debbie Downer theme song playing in every thread.
No one wants to see this come more than me, but there is a LONG history of things being cancelled. Especially when they give no timeline or more than one concept image, this is essentially still blue sky.

No one wants to see this come more than me, but there is a LONG history of things being cancelled. Especially when they give no timeline or more than one concept image, this is essentially still blue sky
Cool, but we don’t need this huge dollop of cynicism in every single thread. We get it. You’re skeptical. We don’t need to get hit over the head with it in every thread.

One word: Bonkers.

Did not expect this to actually happen at all. Of all of the rumors orbiting the BBTM discussion, this always seemed to me like the silliest and worst idea of the bunch. I just couldn't imagine Cars Land being cloned directly, over a decade later into a park with no IP lands, in a resort with the ability and space to keep it that way, unlike Disneyland and GE. What's the point of the blessing of size if the first new land to Magic Kingdom in decades turns out to be Radiator Springs anyways lol.

Luckily, seems like I'm in the clear there. Not a clone, doesn't seem like the full Radiator Springs area, and is actively working to meld itself into the aesthetics and identity of Frontierland, instead of being a seperately advertised Carsland in MK. I'm okay with this honestly.

I think it also works thematically as an expansion of the idealized modern Westward migration that Cars speaks to.
This is an angle I thought of during the original discussions a while back, and I think it's a very solid argument. Cars is quite a bit different in vibes compared to other parts of Frontierland, and definitely feels a lot more modern, but I think there is a clear path for it to fit nonetheless. Especially in the back of the land, where it almost could be interpreted as you walking forward in time across the Western Frontier or whatever.

I think the mountains and vistas in the concept art are very pretty. I've been waiting for something with the scope of New Fantasyland for a long time now. Pandora and GE are so remote in their respective parks that they didn't have the same effect, and Toy Story Land is basically a lawn. This Cars ride has the potential to really improve the sightlines and visual appeal across the surrounding area in a similarly impactful way to NFL and that is incredibly exciting.

I'll admit, Villain's Land being confirmed not long after definitely made the Tow Mater pill a lot easier to swallow. (FYI Don't trust doctors who prescribe the Tow Mater pill.) I still think a Tangled bathrooms-esque Coco area deserves a spot somewhere in Fantasyland and connected to Frontier, but even just Cars/Villains by themselves is a solid plan for BBTM.

Cars is quite a bit different in vibes compared to other parts of Frontierland, and definitely feels a lot more modern, but I think there is a clear path for it to fit nonetheless.
I think it also works because it’s an argument against modernity in a way that Frontierland also (sort of) celebrates. This happening in the same park as the ultra-progressive Tomorrowland is extremely funny to me and I assume three other dorks.