Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surprised no one has mentioned that the 2nd attraction might be a replacement for the Tomorrowland Speedway... opening up a massive plot of land for Fantasyland/Tomorrowland expansions.

It seems like Disney is holding back on the concept of Tomorrowland to tackle it together between WDW/DL. Wouldn't surprise me to see this project "fast-tracked" so they can get to work on a complete overhaul of MK afterwards.

Was not expecting this configuration. Was hoping for Cars behind Big Thunder while keeping half of RoA intact for aesthetic purposes. A Cars experience across the path from the Haunted Mansion is very confusing.

Reactions: GAcoaster
The terrain, besides the bit of snow on the hill, kind of reminds me of the original Frontierland during the first years of Disneyland. They've just added cars to the equation. I'm sure I'll like this addition. ...I used to be a big fan of Tom Sawyer Island. But for some reason it seemed old and boring when we went over there the last couple of trips. Even the girls (10 & 11) were very meh about it. Sometimes even nostalgia has its limits. So I have no issue if TSI disappears and is replaced by far superior lands.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX
The terrain, besides the bit of snow on the hill, kind of reminds me of the original Frontierland during the first years of Disneyland. They've just added cars to the equation. I'm sure I'll like this addition. ...I used to be a big fan of Tom Sawyer Island. But for some reason it seemed old and boring when we went over there the last couple of trips. Even the girls (10 & 11) were very meh about it. Sometimes even nostalgia has its limits. So I have no issue if TSI disappears and is replaced by far superior lands.
Agree - I don't think it should stand in the way of theme park expansion... but losing a bit of the water is an unfortunately downgrade for aesthetics.

Reactions: Mad Dog