Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If this is essentially Rock Crawling: The Ride Presented by Jeep Wrangler 4XE, I don’t think you’ll be going very fast. My guess is, unless there’s some kind of mud bogging section, you stay under 25 mph.

Reactions: Nico and OrlandoGuy
If this is essentially Rock Crawling: The Ride Presented by Jeep Wrangler 4XE, I don’t think you’ll be going very fast. My guess is, unless there’s some kind of mud bogging section, you stay under 25 mph.
No I don’t think this is going to be a ride about speed with the terrain. There’s no room for the RVs to build speed. Plus the rumor that they are a new trackless technology.

Dropping this video again as I think this is very much what to expect. Expect it to be a different kind of thrill from near misses and sharp turns, etc. I just don’t see where high speeds can come into play. This video hypes up air time at the end so I wonder if that could actually be a thing that happens realistically.

Last edited:
Reactions: tyro
No I don’t think this is going to be a ride about speed with the terrain. There’s no room for the RVs to build speed. Plus the rumor that they are a new trackless technology.

Dropping this video again as I think this is very much what to expect. Expect it to be a different kind of thrill from near misses and sharp turns, etc. I just don’t see where high speeds can come into play. This video hypes up air time at the end so I wonder if that could actually be a thing that happens realistically.

I'm excited to enter new levels of discourse hithertofore unseen in the neverending debate of, "Why is this ride based on car/kart IP not fast".

Am I the only who is actually somewhat excited to see how this area turns out ??

I think valid points have been made on both sides of the discussion.

Overall though I feel Disney knows they have to deliver this new land on a grand scale.

I love that the main ride is not just a clone of RSR as that was my biggest concern with Cars coming to the east coast.

Am I the only who is actually somewhat excited to see how this area turns out ??

I think valid points have been made on both sides of the discussion.

Overall though I feel Disney knows they have to deliver this new land on a grand scale.

I love that the main ride is not just a clone of RSR as that was my biggest concern with Cars coming to the east coast.

I think this is great for the park. While I respect the nostalgia and needs a break crowd, MK desperately needs some modern rides. Half(most?) of the rides in the park are great for sitting down and relaxing. They need more rides that the older kids/teens will enjoy. If this ends up as long as it looks, it'll be one of the more popular rides in the park.

Again, im not saying I am for this bc I personally don’t go over there a lot. While that is true, I actually LOVE the Liberty Belle and will be sad to see it go. But I also recognize that the space is incredibly underutilized and this will have wayyy more people enjoying this area of the park than ever before, which I personally believe is a win.

Understood and I'm NOT trying to single you out just trying to push back some on that line of thinking that if it's not driving 100% engagement (nothing personal!). What I'm trying to say is that not everything can be, or SHOULD BE, some sort of 100% use scenario. It's ok, and desirable, to have spots in parks designed not for guests and are just there to be nice. "Underutilized" goal posts will always be moved more and more. Maybe some of those are coming to Fronteirland 2.0 but that's on Disney for not announcing them.

Reactions: Jake S