Cedar Point | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man I figured getting Zamperla to do the project would not go well but I didn’t think they would crap the bed THIS bad. Good grief.

Agreed. I was hoping that Cedar Fair would start mending fences with Intamin and use the Intamin launch systems, which have proven reliable and have a kick. Instead, this is what we have. Hopefully, Zamperla can get TTD2 up and running effectively. I also hope that Cedar Fair works with Mack, B&M, and Intamin (a nice blitz coaster would be lovely where Vortex was at Kings Island) and maybe move on from Zamperla for new major coasters.

I realize that the Intamin dream is just that, though.

Agreed. I was hoping that Cedar Fair would start mending fences with Intamin and use the Intamin launch systems, which have proven reliable and have a kick. Instead, this is what we have. Hopefully, Zamperla can get TTD2 up and running effectively. I also hope that Cedar Fair works with Mack, B&M, and Intamin (a nice blitz coaster would be lovely where Vortex was at Kings Island) and maybe move on from Zamperla for new major coasters.

I realize that the Intamin dream is just that, though.
Except they had problems with the cable launch as well. How many times has it splintered, injuring guests?

Perhaps it's time to dial back all the fancy tech stuff that's so unreliable. Maybe some dumbed down, but still fun, coasters, that work all the time, might be a better alternative.

Reactions: Freak
I recall riding Top Thrill Dragster twice in a day. The first time was unique. The second run bored me. Kind of a one trick pony......I've been riding coasters, lots of them, lots of times for over 55 years. Excluding themed coasters, which generally are something special (Hagrid, Mummy, Everest etc), all of these largely unthemed bare steel coasters don't do much for me anymore. And they seem to break down as often as they work. The unthemed coasters I enjoy the most, and they rarely ever break down, are The Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, and Racer at Kennywood. I can ride them tons of times. They never get old. Those rattles, shakes, and air time of those three old woodies are just 'pure FUN'. Two of them are nearly a hundred years old. Their parts aren't manufactured anymore. But Kennywood maintenance makes replacements. Kennywood has two newer steel coasters. Both of them have only worked for a couple of months over the past few years. The two older, not so high tech, steel coaster/wild mouse are pretty reliable. I'm sorry, but I don't need turned upside down nine times to have fun (Steel Curtain) on a coaster that rarely runs. Maybe keep it simple sometimes.