Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

Fun Spot bought Six Flags Over Georgia's (Schwarzkopf) Enterprise. CP's is a Huss (which is still manufactured) so it wouldn't be too surprising to see it show up somewhere.

Is it most likely that a flat of some kind will replace this? I can’t see them adding another coaster in such a small space.

That was my working theory. Cedar Fair has added some flats to various parks over the past few years when not launching new coasters.

Someone reminded me that 2020 is Cedar Point's 150 year anniversary and so I wonder what might be coming. I wouldn't think that the Witch's Wheel removal is related to the 2020 anniversary, though.

Interesting to note that Cedar Fair announced on the conference call that they would be removing older, less popular rides from their parks. I'm guessing Witches Wheel is not coming back at any CF park. They've decide to take the Six Flags route of just removing rides with no replacement now...

Cedar Point Parks just reported a 2% decline in attendance for the first six months of 2018. Also reported a 1% decline in revenue.

My condolences @Freak. This must be a tough time for you. Attendance and revenue are down at your favorite park of all time which houses your favorite coaster of all time, Steel Vengeance.

My condolences @Freak. This must be a tough time for you. Attendance and revenue are down at your favorite park of all time which houses your favorite coaster of all time, Steel Vengeance.
It’s okay. I’m more worried about bigger things in life than a theme park a couple thousand miles from me. It’s not like I obsess over some total stranger’s opinion about which rides or parks they prefer.

Hmmmm...

It’s okay. I’m more worried about bigger things in life than a theme park a couple thousand miles from me. It’s not like I obsess over some total stranger’s opinion about which rides or parks they prefer.

Hmmmm...

I'm glad you're taking it well bud.

I was concerned for you after how upset you got about CP removing a flat ride from their park.

Lame. I love the enterprises. At least move it to Knott's or something so I can enjoy it.

That'd seem pretty unlikely as Knott's already used to have an Enterprise--the Loop Trainer, located where Supreme Scream is today (and before that, there was a short lived XK-1!)

Believe me, I'm bummed about it too. I love Enterprises (though I am more partial to Schwartzkopf models, but I'll take what I can get).

Update: tire is a drive tire from the break run.

Whoa. Glad nobody got injured.

How is it that Steel Vengeance, which many are saying is the greatest coaster in the world, let to a decline in revenue and attendance for Cedar Point?

Math doesn't add up. Operational issues discouraged the GP? It had tons of media fanfare and enthusiasm from coaster enthusiasts and GP.

Honestly, this latest piece of news would discourage me from riding this beast.

Whoa. Glad nobody got injured.

How is it that Steel Vengeance, which many are saying is the greatest coaster in the world, let to a decline in revenue and attendance for Cedar Point?

Math doesn't add up. Operational issues discouraged the GP? It had tons of media fanfare and enthusiasm from coaster enthusiasts and GP.

Honestly, this latest piece of news would discourage me from riding this beast.

Two things:

Weather - yes I know it's always touted out, but the weather was unseasonably cool and rainy May through June this year. Anecdotal evidence shows that more guests are coming now once it's warmer.

Retrofit - there's this thought that "it's just Mean Streak still" that they have to contend with. As more people ride and talk about the ride the more others will realize it's not mean streak or a mean streak that inverts.

I don't think it's had the same media fanfare in the GP as it has in the coaster community. Outside of my coaster friends, I've only had one person mention this ride to me. I know I'm on the West Coaster, but still.

Plus, as much as we talk and can get loud with each other, the coaster community is probably, like, 2% of the people who go through their gates. So in terms of their bottom line, who cares if it has the buzz of the coaster community? Look at SFMM, where the line and buzz for Full Throttle exceeds the buzz for TC among the GP.

Good question. I would just assume people aren't familiar with coasters like we are so it doesn't excite them?

It's the best coaster I've ridden, for sure.

Two things:

Weather - yes I know it's always touted out, but the weather was unseasonably cool and rainy May through June this year. Anecdotal evidence shows that more guests are coming now once it's warmer.

Retrofit - there's this thought that "it's just Mean Streak still" that they have to contend with. As more people ride and talk about the ride the more others will realize it's not mean streak or a mean streak that inverts.

I still tell people that the Texas Giant is fun here locally and they tell me how rough it is being wooden and they're shocked it's still around and not torn down yet.

We were redone in 2011. So prepare yourself for years of that.

Aint nobody got time for live action role play on an island when there's 75 rides in the park. Might be a good attraction for those that go to the park with family but don't do the rides.

Dinosaurs Alive will close on September 3rd for Forbidden Frontier.

FORBIDDEN FRONTIER on ADVENTURE ISLAND | New for 2019 | Cedar Point

Lol Yeesh. I guess Cedar Point blew all their budget on Steel Vengeance & going really, really small for 2019. Well they're actually still blowing their budget considering it's still having major issues. They're going have to RMC the RMC.

I don't blame them going small considering they invested millions & millions of dollars on SV and yet it led a decline in attendance & revenue. As much flack as Six Flags gets, much of it deserved, they actually had an increase in revenue & attendance by making smaller investments.

It seems to me, it's a very much expanded version of the rather popular Ghost Town Alive from Knotts.

Except that Ghost Time Alive is a seasonal addition to the park, not the official annual addition. This just seems like a rather strange choice. Financially though, it makes sense. I just don't see how this is going to move the needle for Cedar Point, that's all.