Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

There are stories of fake ticket scammers all the time. It's illegal and happens a lot. While I don't doubt there are many honest people with honest tickets to sell, there's no way to know for sure. I mean, I'm sure many "reputable" sellers are using illegal tickets.

Plus, what also can happen is that an "honest" person may purchase a multi day ticket, use only one day, and try to sell off the rest--not knowing (although many fully do know) that the remaining days are tied to the finger scan of the original user, and won't work on anyone else.

If mean, if you're happy either risking fake tickets (and getting called out on it while at the turnstile does not look fun--I've seen it happen) and/or supporting a criminal activity, then go for it.

There are stories of fake ticket scammers all the time. It's illegal and happens a lot. While I don't doubt there are many honest people with honest tickets to sell, there's no way to know for sure. I mean, I'm sure many "reputable" sellers are using illegal tickets.

Plus, what also can happen is that an "honest" person may purchase a multi day ticket, use only one day, and try to sell off the rest--not knowing (although many fully do know) that the remaining days are tied to the finger scan of the original user, and won't work on anyone else.

If mean, if you're happy either risking fake tickets (and getting called out on it while at the turnstile does not look fun--I've seen it happen) and/or supporting a criminal activity, then go for it.
Do you think this is the 90's or something? This isn't buying an unknown ticket off the street or a partial used ticket you hope the park won't notice has changed hands. In this case you use the code they send to you to book tickets DIRECTLY ON THE CEDAR POINT WEBSITE.

Disney tickets you can validate when you add them in the app. Universal tickets I'm pretty sure you can validate before you get to the gate as well. Ebay favors buyers so much if something was not valid you would get your money back because the item was NOT as described in the listing. A seller with impeccable feedback would rather refund something than get a negative review. Now I know not everyone is internet savvy enough to know what to look for and feel confident buying tickets online but to act like every site is such a risk online is nonsense.

Maybe I should also never drive because there is a risk I could get in an accident someday.

To me, it sounds like team members selling their comp passes. Probably safe for you, but the seller on the other hand...
My buddy works at a restaurant at Citywalk, and just lost a coworker because said coworker was loudly and obviously selling his comp tickets in the lobby.

To me, it sounds like team members selling their comp passes. Probably safe for you, but the seller on the other hand...
My buddy works at a restaurant at Citywalk, and just lost a coworker because said coworker was loudly and obviously selling his comp tickets in the lobby.
That person is an idiot for selling a comp ticket in public and whoever tried to buy a comp ticket in public is also an idiot. I wouldn't trust buying an employee comp ticket online either but again the item being as described in the listing would be wrong if they did not specify it was such. Stupid people doing stupid things does not make something inherently unsafe.

That person is an idiot for selling a comp ticket in public and whoever tried to buy a comp ticket in public is also an idiot. I wouldn't trust buying an employee comp ticket online either but again the item being as described in the listing would be wrong if they did not specify it was such. Stupid people doing stupid things does not make something inherently unsafe.
Nobody's judging you, so cool it a bit yeah? Just because something works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. Furthermore, just because it has worked for you before, doesn't mean it will work in the future.
The only reputable place to buy tickets is with said park, or an official affiliate. Full stop.

I'm planning a short trip to Cedar Point and Kings Island on May 21st and 22nd. Anybody have tips on where to stay? Would it be better to stay near Kings Island or Cedar Point?

Monster truck rides are popular. I wonder how it'll go in a theme park setting though. Also I wonder if they've accounted for noise pollution with this. Those things are loud.

Monster truck rides are popular. I wonder how it'll go in a theme park setting though. Also I wonder if they've accounted for noise pollution with this. Those things are loud.
So are roller coasters. Anyways seems like a solid addition that doesn't cost a lot to put in. There's a lot to do at cedar point these days. I'm more interested the Adventure Island offering though.

Right before Gemini bites the bullet...
giphy.gif