Cheetah Hunt | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To the old question of how the themeing of the station will compare to Manta's... here's the answer:

http://www.buschgardenstampablog.com/today-bg-park-president-jim-dean-rode-cheetah-hunt
It was nearly a year ago that Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean donned a hard hat and stood on a pile of dirt to record a YouTube video teasing the park’s new attraction.

jim_dean.jpg

Today, Dean had the opportunity to ride Cheetah Hunt for the first time with Busch Gardens’ VP of Marketing, Gerard Hoeppner. Following their front-row ride, Dean commented “We have another winner here.”
Cheetah Hunt opens to the public on Friday, May 27.

Awesome, just awesome.

I remember talking to him in the park and you could tell he was truly excited about CH and couldn't wait to ride. 10 more days for me.

I can't believe it's been nearly a year since that video was posted. I can't wait to finally get on this thing within the upcoming weeks.

So, no pictures of the water in the rhino rally valley? I don't know if they actually finished filling it, but I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

And about the fences... I assume that's for separating any animals they need to for any number of reasons. The main cheetah area has a high rock on the one side with a running track that goes from one side to the other. Basically you walk between the exhibit and the second launch when entering the new area. There are enclosed viewing areas on each end, and a large long railing to watch the cheetahs run. Something I personally found extremely cool, is that when you enter, you can't see the coaster at all (excluding windcatcher tower). There is no indication until you pass under the first launch where the focus leaves the cheetahs and goes to the coaster. This also prevents the cheetahs from stressing about the ride since they can't see it really. Gonna be a super cool area. :thumbs:

So, no pictures of the water in the rhino rally valley? I don't know if they actually finished filling it, but I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

And about the fences... I assume that's for separating any animals they need to for any number of reasons. The main cheetah area has a high rock on the one side with a running track that goes from one side to the other. Basically you walk between the exhibit and the second launch when entering the new area. There are enclosed viewing areas on each end, and a large long railing to watch the cheetahs run. Something I personally found extremely cool, is that when you enter, you can't see the coaster at all (excluding windcatcher tower). There is no indication until you pass under the first launch where the focus leaves the cheetahs and goes to the coaster. This also prevents the cheetahs from stressing about the ride since they can't see it really. Gonna be a super cool area. :thumbs:

Thank you!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm planning on being at the parking booths about and hour and a half before park opening (with coffee and breakfast in tow). With a little luck, that should put me at the park gate right when they open the parking lots.

OK, I expect October's Fade and Myself will be at the gate around 6:30 on the 27th...Who is bringing donuts?

If I didn't have to work I would be there with you guys along with donuts. I will be there on the 26th and 28th for hopefully many rides.

You will be at Cedar Point enjoying the lines..Well actually school will still be in shouldn't be to bad. Hope you are staying on site for that hour early entry. At least you will have cooler temps then us. I have to get back there I went TTD 2nd year. Maybe next year..