Cheetah Hunt | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: mantaguy
Thanks for posting that, Matpez! :rep:

A member over at ThemeParkReview has posted a photo update from today. There are 2 new topiaries, a giraffe and a kangaroo. Here is the update: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=882688&sid=4abfb51bc769d356b83043724a96ed12#p882688

Interesting update. I guess the cheetah may not be the theme of this coaster after all. However, I can't picture it themed after a kangaroo or a giraffe.

Well, sam06pr did mention this:

Awesome pics jjune4991!!! Those topiary look interesting. I am sure they mean they are attached to the several projects going on.

Maybe the kangaroo is for the rumored Australia land? I'm not sure about the giraffe.

They've also filed permits for something by the name of "Kangaloom," "The Kookaburra's Nest," and "Walkabout Way." You can see for yourself here:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53855&start=140

Just scroll down.

Last edited:
And also, a quote from Magoo at FloridaThrills:

More than that... at the end of the day, there were a couple of dumpsters near those bulldozers and a ton of railroad construction materials out on the North Veldt near where they store trains at night.

By the sound of it, they may be ready to begin construction. I'd assume with the Railroad down for refurbishment starting today, they may begin work there, especially with bulldozers and dumpsters already in the area.

And also, one other thing...

Some people at Theme Park Review and Florida Thrills are discussing the possibility of this coaster being an Intamin Wing Rider, because of the spread-out layout. Your thoughts?

From what I've heard, Wing Riders are pretty rough. However, there is only one currently in the world and it is new to the coaster universe so maybe the kinks can be fixed for this new coaster.

It seems like it could fit very well in my opinion. The ride theme even looks somewhat similar to this 2011 coaster. If they could manage to successfully use the Wing Rider coaster, this could turn out very well. They seem like they can keep a decent capacity going for the ride.

From what I've heard, Wing Riders are pretty rough. However, there is only one currently in the world and it is new to the coaster universe so maybe the kinks can be fixed for this new coaster.

It seems like it could fit very well in my opinion. The ride theme even looks somewhat similar to this 2011 coaster. If they could manage to successfully use the Wing Rider coaster, this could turn out very well. They seem like they can keep a decent capacity going for the ride.

The one wing rider in the world has a capacity of 1400 PPH

The one wing rider in the world has a capacity of 1400 PPH

According to RCDB, it has a capacity of 1500 people per hour, which is the same as Sheikra. Even then, Busch Gardens may be able to improve the capacity depending on the design.