Cheetah Hunt | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So is this coaster definatly happening i love busch gardens and will be going this year and next august

It is basically all but confirmed. Construction markers have been placed throughout certain areas, the coaster layout has been revealed and several construction documents have been revealed.

I wonder how tall it will be, for some reason, the layout doesn't look like a wing rider to me.

oh, the structure in the middle of the new path appears to be some type of entrance to a car type thing, it looks like the Serengeti Safari thing. Maybe this will be a new entrance?

I wonder how tall it will be, for some reason, the layout doesn't look like a wing rider to me.

oh, the structure in the middle of the new path appears to be some type of entrance to a car type thing, it looks like the Serengeti Safari thing. Maybe this will be a new entrance?

Yeah it will be for the Serengeti Safari. I also don't think it will be a wing rider. The turns in the beginning look to tight for a wing rider.

If this is the true layout this section is much too tight for a wingrider

2edbot5.png

Also, think of how much money a 4000+ foot wingwalker would cost with all the extra steel involved. Furius Baco was over 20 million dollars and it was only 2700 feet long.

I wouldn't even see the point in a wingrider, SheiKra's few seats at the end of each row are way off the side of the track. Also the cost like ^ you said, and the curves are way to tight for a wingrider, and last, I see some air-time hills in this layout, which were not on Baco.

Also, I see a lot of similar characteristics of this coaster and Maverick, at the back part, it looks like one or two corks/rolls. The only real thing about this ride that is confusing me is the tight turns at the begging, it has to be going relativity slow, which defeats the purpose of the three launches...

According to two members over at Florida Thrills, the train's refurb begins today and there is equipment at the train tracks by Rhino Rally.

I personally think the car will be a regular sit-down coaster, possibly floorless. Does anyone actually believe this coaster may be a suspended design, similar to Montu? I can't see it happening personally.

I wouldn't even see the point in a wingrider, SheiKra's few seats at the end of each row are way off the side of the track. Also the cost like ^ you said, and the curves are way to tight for a wingrider, and last, I see some air-time hills in this layout, which were not on Baco.

Also, I see a lot of similar characteristics of this coaster and Maverick, at the back part, it looks like one or two corks/rolls. The only real thing about this ride that is confusing me is the tight turns at the begging, it has to be going relativity slow, which defeats the purpose of the three launches...

Maybe we pass by some animal habitats? :shrug:

Thanks for the photo update BGTKing! :rep:

An update from today over at FloridaThrills:
Not much new going on today, they have most of the train track pulled up near the skyride. There was a small crew of guys working over near the area where the new path is supposed to be. There was a bunch of new markers, some of the same old orange ones but there are others that appear to be larger with red tags on them.

I don't think that the tight turns at the beginning mean that it has to go slow. It could be like Maverick. That has a 28 mph launch off the top of an 85' lift hill into a 95 degree drop. If you followed that with the first set of tight turns it would be frickin' AWESOME!

A construction wall is up! :happy: From Ratmead at FloridaThrills:

Quick update

We have a construction wall! It is in back of the Caravan Crossing store and follows the path until the next set of huts.

There was an important looking guy walking the area where the path will be checking markers. Also more survey crews.

Edit: I was going over the demolition PDF again, one of the notes states: "Remove exist. railroad track and ties as req'd for new trench and train bridge." That sounds to me like they may not reroute the train at all, and may just complete the trench/bridge part before reopening the train. That would make sense, then they would not have to reroute the train again later down the line. That along with the construction wall up in that area, hopefully we will see the trench this coaster will sit in soon.

Very nice! I'd have to agree with Ratmead on the layout. It would seem much easier for Busch Gardens to just build the trench before the train reopens instead of rerouting it.

Why is Scorpion in pieces? It isn't anywhere near where the new coaster/animal exhibit is.

It is down for a 3-day refurbishment. Thanks for the amazing update, BTT_Racheal! :rep: They are working fast and I can't wait to see when the first sign of the coaster(track, pieces, etc) is discovered.

It is down for a 3-day refurbishment. Thanks for the amazing update, BTT_Racheal! :rep: They are working fast and I can't wait to see when the first sign of the coaster(track, pieces, etc) is discovered.

You got me worried there i thought they were taking out scorpion, i love scorpion!!!