Cheetah Hunt | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I cannot wait to get to BG to ride this! The themeing on this is incredible. My only question is, are they gonna leave the top of the station like that?

Train station
DSC00846.jpg

Landscaping and fencing, I would think sod is not far behind....

DSC01414.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

Skyride tower done

DSC00900.jpg

Took a train ride and got a few shots... I'll post em as soon as they upload.

--- Update ---

From the train, used the little camera and it was a little slow...

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dmkrc5 and Andy
Busch Gardens seem to destroy Alton towers with every rollercoaster. Montu > Nemesis, Sheikra > Oblivion and now Cheetah Hunt > Rita. But of course busch is a 100x's better rides i.e. oblivion is one vertical drop and its over where as sheikra has two, some water effects amongst other things.

Busch Gardens seem to destroy Alton towers with every rollercoaster. Montu > Nemesis, Sheikra > Oblivion and now Cheetah Hunt > Rita. But of course busch is a 100x's better rides i.e. oblivion is one vertical drop and its over where as sheikra has two, some water effects amongst other things.

You're confusing fact with opinion! :p I personally much prefer Nemesis and Oblivion over their Busch counter-parts. Cheetah Hunt though, looks stunning, it has everything I look for in a coaster- fantastic themeing, interaction with non- riders and the terrain and what looks to be a well thought out, well planned ride which will provide a fantastic experience I'm sure. Here's to the Summer when I can ride it. :D

Thanks for all the updates guys. :)

You're confusing fact with opinion! :p I personally much prefer Nemesis and Oblivion over their Busch counter-parts. Cheetah Hunt though, looks stunning, it has everything I look for in a coaster- fantastic themeing, interaction with non- riders and the terrain and what looks to be a well thought out, well planned ride which will provide a fantastic experience I'm sure. Here's to the Summer when I can ride it. :D

Thanks for all the updates guys. :)

I can see how Nemesis would be an amazing invert but Oblivion better than Sheikra? Ehh to each his own.

I can see how Nemesis would be an amazing invert but Oblivion better than Sheikra? Ehh to each his own.

I'm sorry to risk going off topic here, but just to back up my point slightly. To me, bigger is not always better (even though Oblivion has roughly the same drop height as Sheikra). Oblivion is all about theatrics and the drama before the drop, so when it does arrive, it has a huge impact. The way the queue is designed and reflects its theme is genius. Guests are told that they may die, in one of several tongue- in- cheek preshows. Unfortunately after 13 years it is needing some TLC, along with the rest of the area it sits in. When you're at the top of that 60 metre drop, staring down into that mist filled tunnel, all the adrenaline is built up and is released, so by the end of it, you truly feel like you've achieved something.

Of course, I'm not saying Shekira is a bad ride, in fact, I enjoyed it very much and I'm looking forward to going on it again. But for me it lacked the drama and impact of Oblivion.

Apologies for the off-topicness guys. :smiley:

Shiekra is really good but it's Sister Griffon is a Better ride in Williamsburg,,OK Back to staring at the Awesome Cheetah Who cares if they call it it yellow and spotted coaster this thing looks awesome.

Nemesis is still regarded as one of the best coasters.
Oblivion is old and was the first vertical drop coaster and rita is old too and is about a car journey not a cheetah so that probably explains the one launch.