Cheetah Hunt | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice pictures, it's cool to see the walkway over the trench is set.

I came home to see the family for Thanksgiving break, and that put me within a decent distance of Busch Gardens. For those who don't know, Yuengling beer has a brewery right across the street from Busch Gardens and they offer free daily tours and beer tasting. This is not the former brewery tour you could take at Busch Gardens that closed many years ago. I went to do that with a friend earlier today which was a pretty fun side trip, but what that did do was allow me to make a side trip (or was it really the main reason for going) to see the track storage yard. It's pretty obvious that they don't want you trespassing what with signs every few feet, but we parked right outside of the front entrance and looked around for a few minutes which didn't seem to bother the posted security guard. In news to report about that, the yard seemed to have much less track than what was in the latest pictures. Most of the big track seemed to have been moved out to the park.

*Posted with permission*

New update!

The first launch is up and the beginning for the turn over the cheetah housing is starting to take shape. Also, supports for the dive/turn into the trench are on site. The water portion footers are almost complete and more work in the Nairobi area.

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/bgt11.29.10/

DSCN0736.jpg

Sweet Update thanks for sharing, with the big supports on site I am hoping by Wednesday we will see some figure 8 action.

It supposed to open Spring 2011, my guess is Memorial Day Weekend 2011.

I wonder how much banking that turn is going to have, I cant imagine how much force it's going to have with the quad track.... The turn suddenly looks awesome :lol:

The one in the picture above.
It's the tunnel after the first launch and turn. Before the second launch and Windcatcher Tower.

Amazing Update! I love the way this coaster is looking, because the supports look incredible! Busch Gardens has to be the first if not one of the first to actually theme their support beams, because with the ones they're putting up now the theme isn't lost at all, and I have a feeling this will be a coaster that everyone will talk about!