Cheetah Hunt | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it's ready, It will open memorial day weekend like all of SeaWorld & Parks coasters in the past years (like SheiKra, Griffon, and Manta). Also if it's ready early it will start soft openings in early May (like SheiKra, Griffon, and Manta).

In regards to the opening date, Busch Gardens is telling people on Twitter "late" spring.

Also, this got me pretty excited, from their Facebook page:
We may be taking a week off from the photo updates, too. But stay tuned -- there will be PLENTY of Cheetah Hunt news and photos coming in January.

If it's ready, It will open memorial day weekend like all of SeaWorld & Parks coasters in the past years (like SheiKra, Griffon, and Manta). Also if it's ready early it will start soft openings in early May (like SheiKra, Griffon, and Manta).

Sheikra never soft opened to the public before opening on Memorial day weekend, and the same when it went floorless. When it opened the first time the only people who rode it were BG employees and B&M engineers. In fact Walter Bollinger flew in to ride it a day or two before it opened to the public with Mark Rose of BGT. And when it went floorless in 2007 it was open the night before grand re-open to a private party. There was no public allowed in as I was there and tried.

Also on a side note as far as Manta is concerned, the day before the first soft openings to the general public. Kohls rented out Seaworld and its corporate office and managers across the nation were the first to ride Manta. Its a very cool feeling to be the first to ride something everyone else had been waiting months for.

Sheikra never soft opened to the public before opening on Memorial day weekend, and the same when it went floorless. When it opened the first time the only people who rode it were BG employees and B&M engineers. In fact Walter Bollinger flew in to ride it a day or two before it opened to the public with Mark Rose of BGT. And when it went floorless in 2007 it was open the night before grand re-open to a private party. There was no public allowed in as I was there and tried.

Also on a side note as far as Manta is concerned, the day before the first soft openings to the general public. Kohls rented out Seaworld and its corporate office and managers across the nation were the first to ride Manta. Its a very cool feeling to be the first to ride something everyone else had been waiting months for.

Manta opened 2 days before soft opening, cause I was on the first train open to the public.

Posted with permission from Tbad556!

Here is a photo of the current Cheetah Hunt progress:

DSC01852.JPG

More pictures and information here: http://www.bgtnation.net/2010/12/cheetah-hunt-rhino-rally-canyon-track.html

Yeah, they might even open earlier than the last 3 DAYS before Summer. Not that I'm still bitter about WWOHP or anything.

I planned a special trip down there at the end of "spring" and was it done no....and when does the soft openings begin? when you ask...THE VERY NEXT WEEK!!!!:rant:

but are there any stats on this coaster yet?

Last edited:
I planned a special trip down there at the end of "spring" and was it done no....and when does the soft openings begin? when you ask...THE VERY NEXT WEEK!!!!:rant:

but are there any stats on this coaster yet?

Height: 102 ft
Speed: 60 mph
You can find more at RCDB.com which is a really good place to go for coaster stats. (I am not affiliated)

Still nothing really substantial to report on. It would appear (in my opinion) that it looks like they're trying finish up all the footers before working on more track and supports. Once that's all done they'll be working at breakneck speed.

Concrete has been poured for the south side of the third trench.

I've heard an interesting rumor that the ride's animations weren't completely correct, and there would be some "surprises". Anyone know more?

I've heard an interesting rumor that the ride's animations weren't completely correct, and there would be some "surprises". Anyone know more?

Interesting, I hope there is some truth to this. There is a picture of the layout someone gave me that had each inversion labeled, the twist over Rhino Rally, there was an in line twist in the canyon that we know now cannot be because that part is already built, but there was also a large corkscrew over the path after the last launch. Where the track goes under the path on its way over to RR, on the return run it was supposed to do a corkscrew over the path. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see this happen. At this point in construction there aren't really any more opportunities for surprises other than the middle of the ride. Here's to hoping!

Every time I watch the video and look at the pictures I feel like there is something off, odd, or different about the rhino rally portion of the ride. The video seems to move through there quicker than I imagine it would from pictures, and the brake run seems like it is different in some way. I think its just because good pictures are hard to come by for this area. This picture makes it look like the train will come out of a tunnel, but it's probably just shadows.

DSCN1746.jpg

Hmmm... sounds interesting. :inquisitive:

Anyways, I was at the park yesterday. Not much has happened yet, but now that the holiday season is over, I sense some activity in the next few weeks.

*Approved by BriMan*

New update!

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/bgt1.3.11/

Good news! Track has been loaded up on flatbeds and will be making it's way to the park soon. Concrete was being poured for the footers on the return trip off the third launch and for the heartline roll. Something interesting to note, Gwazi is now closed for the next three weeks from what crew members and Guest Relations have stated. Track work is currently being done on the camelbacks.

DSCN2123.jpg

DSCN2088.jpg

Reactions: Kraken&Manta
^Love it one guy works while the other three "supervise."

I really don't understand why they are doing what they're doing with Gwazi. They could easily just fix it with Flyer trains, which would probably be cheaper than re-tracking the whole ride. Also they could advertise the new trains as "A brand new experience!!!"
It just seems rather silly to me :shrug:

But back to Cheetaka, Thanks for the update, Rollerman Dan! :rep:
Can't wait to see the progress made this week, and I can't wait to see her myself next week :lol: