Cheetah Hunt | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And yet more pics, surprise surprise.

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

Fencing

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

Newest sail

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the great updates!

When do you guys think they're going to test it with the water running in the Rhino Ralley portion? If they're still doing that.

New news today... the Cheetah Hunt accepted its first riders this morning. A test group got to go this morning including the opening ride operators, so perhaps some opinions will come out. By the time I left the park, the rhino rally water portion was being refilled, and water was already going into the s-curve section of the ride, so it should be completely ready by tomorrow. The place looks great, better than I thought from the pictures. I won't complain about banners anymore because they look good up close, pictures of course don't do it justice.

Tomorrow would be a great day to get some water pictures!

New news today... the Cheetah Hunt accepted its first riders this morning. A test group got to go this morning including the opening ride operators, so perhaps some opinions will come out. By the time I left the park, the rhino rally water portion was being refilled, and water was already going into the s-curve section of the ride, so it should be completely ready by tomorrow. The place looks great, better than I thought from the pictures. I won't complain about banners anymore because they look good up close, pictures of course don't do it justice.

Tomorrow would be a great day to get some water pictures!

Does the water in the canyon flow like a river? And are they ever going to install that waterfall effect?

Employee Previews were this morning! Here is a video! They all loved the ride and rode it over and over again!
[video=youtube;UpuvIY6JEY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuvIY6JEY0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

The closer it gets the faster it looks. I will say it again all coaster look slow, at 30 mph out, 60 mph up, and 40 mph back it will be pretty fast. Employees riding two weeks before scheduled opening that is how a coaster build should go!

--- Update ---

I am surprised there was no footage of the launch at the lift hill into the figure eight, that one seemed quick when watching from directly behund it Friday.

I think the first launch looks faster now? If you are referring to the entire coaster in general, speed isn't everything. Although . . . I'm starting to question whether or not this will top Maverick as far as intensity is concerned.

Does the water in the canyon flow like a river? And are they ever going to install that waterfall effect?

The canyon wasn't full yet, so I couldn't tell you, but they had the flood pipe open pumping water in. I would assume it moves in the same direction and speed as the original rhino rally did though. As for the waterfall effect I looked for it this time. It looks like they've built a large holding tank with elevated footers just like the one's in the old rhino rally section. The tank is quite large, and already has water in it down at the bottom (I assume from yesterday's downpour). I still wonder what's going to happen with it though, because it looks more like a retention pond. One side is a grass slope and the other is a concrete wall for the trench. I didn't see anything indicating a pump system, but I didn't have the best view. For clarity, I'm referring to the very last trench before the end brake run. The first trench still has bracing bars even though people are riding it.

The other thing is that a coaster car ran right by me while riding the train. It was extremely cool. The car chased up the train on the left before going up over us and chasing again on the right which was an awesome effect.

I doubt there will be previews because the queue is still in a state of construction. Cheetah rock looks still just like the pictures that were released, that is unfinished, and the gift shop that you exit into isn't quite ready yet either.

So I'm kind of confused to how the cheetahs are going to be kept. In this picture it looks as though they are laying grass down on both sides of the fence. But it would make sense to have them on the side of the fence closest to the coaster where the wood poles are planted (I'm guessing they will be lined with glass windows?). So are they're actually two holding areas or just the one on the opposite side of the fence in this picture?
DSC08189.jpg

and by the way, new rollercoasterpro update:http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/bgt5.15.11/

Reactions: Kraken&Manta
If I'm not mistaken the grey fence is for additional security for the guest and Cheetahs. In other words extra fence to keep them in and us out, I mean they do go 60-70 MPH and will be encouraged to run at speeds in excess of 55 MPH.