Cheetah Hunt | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
demonandme.jpg

Since my pic is blurry on here I decided to post this so when you see me Friday you can say hello.

I am Excited for this ride alot!
but the POV is blah... The third launch on the way back.. look faster then the first....
The first launch it slows down over the hill??
Idk...it does seem slow at parts, i wish they would make it reallly! fast

I'm still undecided after seeing the POV. The launches seem decent enough and I don't really mind the slow down on top of the hill, as it's sort of a quick view of the park before plunging into the trench. It seems like there should be at least one or two good airtime hills. There are some slow parts but not enough to kill the fun from the look of it.

Wow! The ride itself looks really fun, but I do have quite a large problem with how the trenches were not themed; there's a lot of bare concrete and it just doesn't feel like you're going over plains to me. Regardless, I cannot wait to get on!!!

I'm still undecided after seeing the POV. The launches seem decent enough and I don't really mind the slow down on top of the hill, as it's sort of a quick view of the park before plunging into the trench. It seems like there should be at least one or two good airtime hills. There are some slow parts but not enough to kill the fun from the look of it.

i was saying the same thing just before. by any chance do you know how many mph its suppose to go??

I have talked to people who have ridden already it moves very well. No it is not 100 mph but it moves well and they say it is fun and really works well. Test ride it before you decide the hulk only goes 40 out of that tunnel but it seems like you are faster.

From Busch's Park Blog, CheetahHunt.com has relaunched.

Busch Gardens Tampa is excited to announce that today we have launched the new Cheetah Hunt.com.

Some of the features of the new site include:

• A speedometer countdown that changes daily until opening day, this Friday, May 27!
  • A special section dedicated to Cheetah Run...so all the "non-thrillseekers" out there can learn exactly what they have to look forward to – seeing the spirit of the cheetah up-close, without being turned upside down!
  • New promo boxes (see right margin of the page) to keep fans up-to-date on the news and updates on attraction.
  • More videos and more photos so you can feel the spirit and the speed!
Don’t forget -- the Cheetah Hunt Facebook tab is the social media hub for all things Cheetah Hunt. What does that mean? It’s a place for two-way conversation where we can interact with you, our Fans! Here you can link to blog stories about everything from cool roller coaster facts, to photos of Kasi, the adorable baby cheetah. On Facebook you can tell us what you love about Cheetah Hunt, or what we can do to make the Cheetah Hunt experience even better.

The BG social media team is dedicated to making this the “Summer of the Cheetah” – and having fun with you, our Fans along the way. So join the conversation!

Visit CheetahHunt.com, “Like” us on Facebook. Post your pics.

We’re listening – and we can’t wait to speed into the summer with you!

Well, this looks awesome. I was slightly dubious after seeing the other videos, it looked really slow offride. But it looks nice and twisty with a few pops of air time thrown in. I'm looking forward to riding it!

What are the speeds/times of the launches by the way? Because, they're not going from a complete stop, so does anyone know how quickly this thing is actually accelerating. I'd love to see how it compares to other Intamin Accelerators.

I agree, the trenches all really should be themed. It's pretty bad when you go from the awesomeness of the canyon to being surrounded by metal and bare concrete. As for the speed, the launches look fun to me, and the slow down at the tower is good for the view. It all looks great on the pov, minus the lack of theming on certain spots.

Wah wah wah the trenches aren't themed... it seems slow.... I was hoping it would go a gazillion miles an hour...
Why don't they rename it.... I will reserve judgment until I my butt is in a seat.
Why waste money on theming a trench that far out away from the main part of the attraction? The main launch it 33.3% faster than the Hulk, with two more that are comparable toit's launch.

Woah woah, in no way do I wish to underestimate how well this coaster was done; I really really want to ride it, especially after that POV.

As a fan of attractions that have been themed extensively, however, I just pointed out that in the trenches section, the funds for theming fell short, and that led to a somewhat disappointing lack of theming.

The difference between a good roller coaster experience to an absolutely astounding one lies in both the physical effect as well as the extra-sensory effects. This ride's entrance is extravagantly themed, the first trench is themed well, but then the rest of the ride is poorly themed, and that argument can't be excluded. I know that the coaster will make up for it, but it's just a natural and sane criticism, like those regarding the exposed parts of the Forbidden Journey show building, and the huge blue Soarin' show building.

One thing I have learned with Intamin is they can sneak airtime in anywhere. I am looking forward to this big time!

Woah woah, in no way do I wish to underestimate how well this coaster was done; I really really want to ride it, especially after that POV.

As a fan of attractions that have been themed extensively, however, I just pointed out that in the trenches section, the funds for theming fell short, and that led to a somewhat disappointing lack of theming.

The difference between a good roller coaster experience to an absolutely astounding one lies in both the physical effect as well as the extra-sensory effects. This ride's entrance is extravagantly themed, the first trench is themed well, but then the rest of the ride is poorly themed, and that argument can't be excluded. I know that the coaster will make up for it, but it's just a natural and sane criticism, like those regarding the exposed parts of the Forbidden Journey show building, and the huge blue Soarin' show building.

Could it be themed through out (?) absolutely
They probably just should have painted them black and be done with it.
Who knows maybe the will let it get a little overgrown to help conceal it a little.... but ultimately it's a coaster and none of them are totally themed through out.
JMO that people are making way to much about some of the trench's.

But I will agree that the name should have never been changed but it is way too late for that now. Wonder if they did that to move away from the "old" BG style thinking and the African theme.

Color me skeptical, but that POV looks pretty tame.

Now, I'm not one to care about numbers when height or speed is involved -- Maverick doesn't even top 100 feet, yet it is my favorite steel coaster -- but I am a tiny bit concerned of how thrilling this coaster actually is.

And wahh wahh wahh BUT IT'S "FUN" doesn't cut it for me. This is Busch Gardens, not Disney World. If they want to make a family coaster, this is not the way.

*let's be perfectly clear that I am merely skeptical. I have no right to properly rate this coaster until I have ridden it myself, and I am completely prepared to eat my own words should I be wrong (although it will be a while). Honestly, I hope I am wrong. But I've read the reviews from people who've already ridden it, so naturally I am skeptical.

Wah wah wah the trenches aren't themed... it seems slow.... I was hoping it would go a gazillion miles an hour...
Why don't they rename it.... I will reserve judgment until I my butt is in a seat.
Why waste money on theming a trench that far out away from the main part of the attraction? The main launch it 33.3% faster than the Hulk, with two more that are comparable toit's launch.
Wahh wahh maybe we want it fast... Wah wah wah for the first intamin it should be good... Wah wah people have there opinions... wah wah wah. i would rather it not shoot up hill cause whats the point of the launch

Take it for what it is....But i still excited to ride it.

Last edited:
I'm mixed on the POV. Some parts are good, and look really cool, but some parts do look kind of tame. But I'm sure it's even more awesome when you're actually riding it, rather than looking at it on a computer screen.

I haven't been around for a while since HHN and HOS were over, but had to pop over to see what's being said about Cheetah Hunt. I'll be at media day tomorrow morning (tweeting from @themeparkwriter) and I'm hoping against hope for some decent airtime. I always ride SheiKra in the back row, on an end, with my legs straight forward and my hands pushing on the restraint so it can't tighten. I'm only happy if I finish the day with bruised shoulders from getting popped up and slammed into the harness as I get max airtime. I think the launches will be fun, but I'm a hard core thrill person so I suspect the new kid on the block isn't going to win me away from the Diving Bird. We'll probably be out there most Sunday mornings in June for the passholder hour-early thing to get rides in different seats to properly evaluate it. They're doing a camera for the media so it will be interesting to see my face on my first ride.