Cheetah Hunt | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here are just a few shots from today. I will load more of the photos to the front page of the site once I get on the ride this weekend.

May262011091.jpg

May262011092.jpg

May262011095.jpg

May262011098.jpg

May262011102.jpg

May262011119.jpg

May262011139.jpg

May262011145.jpg

May262011149.jpg

May262011184.jpg

May262011187.jpg

May262011193.jpg

May262011196.jpg

May262011197.jpg

May262011204.jpg

May262011207.jpg

May262011208.jpg

May262011213.jpg

May262011256.jpg

May262011259.jpg

May262011271.jpg

May262011280.jpg

May262011312.jpg

What a summer that you guys didn't get to ride it : ( My ride time was 9:30 this morning, so I got to try both the back and front. I usually prefer one or the other strongly, but they were both equal on Cheetah Hunt. Here's a link to my Cheetah Cam POV video (the dude next to me is the real atigeg but I'm usually the one posting) and a quickie view. I'll be doing a much longer one later and posting Mark Rose and Jim Dean interviews too: http://exm.nr/kAbRht

Who all's gonna be out there for passholder days in June? We plan to be there as many Sunday mornings as possible for the pre-opening hour.

Reactions: mantaguy
Question, and please excuse me if this has already been previously asked, but the wife and I are at Cedar Point and just rode Cheetah Hunt's cousin, Maverick. Now, if you've ever been to Cedar Point and rode it, you know about the speed burst in the barn to 70MPH. Does this ride have a speed burst area similar that of Maverick? Just curious... I can't wait to ride Cheetah Hunt now that I've rode Maverick!

Question, and please excuse me if this has already been previously asked, but the wife and I are at Cedar Point and just rode Cheetah Hunt's cousin, Maverick. Now, if you've ever been to Cedar Point and rode it, you know about the speed burst in the barn to 70MPH. Does this ride have a speed burst area similar that of Maverick? Just curious... I can't wait to ride Cheetah Hunt now that I've rode Maverick!

Not really but there is a launch that goes to 60 mph, and then halfway through the ride one that goes to 40 mph.

Interesting that the launch is at the beginning, kind of like a hyped up Hulk launch, with a nice boost midways... Gosh, after being at Cedar Point, Central Florida rides seem so slow and small, lol! Okay, back on topic, teehee!:p:thumbs:

Consider Cheetah Hunt as a family-oriented ride. Sometimes I miss not living in Chicago anymore because it was a close enough drive to have Cedar Point APs and to make several trips every year. We still have worthy thrill coasters like SheiKra, but I definitely consider Cheetah Hunt aimed for at the whole family. Not a bad ride by any means, but I'm hoping it draws people off SheiKra as I won't wait overly long for it; I'll do the AP mornings, then wait till it gets added to quick queue for the power riding.

Well my little Netbook can't handle video editing, so you're going to have to wait a day. Looks like I'm going to need to invest into a fancy new laptop soon for these media days. :lol:

Comparing Cedar Point to anything else is pretty impossible...I went about 10 years ago right after Millinum Force was built, and it was impressive then. With the addition of Top Thrill and Maverick, there is very little competition. Hope to go back soon.

--- Update ---

so how many folks are waiting in line at this moment?

FYI I forgot to mention yesterday, Cheetah Hunt will not utilize the Quick Queue system during the first few months of opening.

The opening has been pushed back to early this afternoon. Intamin hasn't been to impressive over these past 2 days.

this is exactly why you soft open. Waiting until the day before the officially opening date to start letting people ride this is silly. They should have opened two weeks ago, and gone through all these bugs first. I feel sorry for the folks that rushed the gates this morning only to be turned away...

this is exactly why you soft open. Waiting until the day before the officially opening date to start letting people ride this is silly. They should have opened two weeks ago, and gone through all these bugs first. I feel sorry for the folks that rushed the gates this morning only to be turned away...

They've actually had the coaster open for at least a week letting Employees and VIP/Media ride...To me, that kind of counts as a Soft Opening, and I know for a fact that it has been pushed through its paces during the Employee nights!

Just got home after finally riding CH, only a five hour delay....
People where rushing the ropes at opening and then running to CH only to find out it wouldn't be open til around 1 pm.
But it is up and running with a 160 minute wait when I left...

--- Update ---

DSC01627.jpg