Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cheetah Hunt

That banner has been down for awhile now. Kind of unfrotunate as it is a great headchopper. Yeah I believe Hurricane Debbie and the season is the reason it is not currently there. Hope it returns as aesthetically it is more tribal and with on ride, the head chopper.

This was my favourite ride in the park. I had the unlimited fast pass so i rode this four times in a row. The people in the 3 hour queue I passed didn't look very pleased haha. Anyway I was surprised by this ride, I thought it wouldn't be very thrilling but it was. I loved this but on the other hand the restraints had my dad in pain because of his broad shoulders.

I went to BG today and noticed this and other coasters have added colored shapes to the rows. Makes an easier guide I guess lol. Then when going on Gwazi, they added a little bridge on the Tiger side loading area over the track, assuming it's temperarely. That side's seems always broken.

Last edited:
I went to BG today and noticed this and other coasters have added colored shapes to the rows. Makes an easier guide I guess lol. Then when going on Gwazi, they added a little bridge on the Tiger side loading area over the track, assuming it's temperarely. That side's seems always broken.

I heard it was permament, why they would do that is beyond me with some of the busiest days coming up.

Cheetah Hunt went done stranding riders in the very first bend, just past the launch and shy of the trench, in the rain and lightning.The Fire Department is on scene with a high lift to remove riders.

Bay News 9:

ch_zps5ba0789c.jpg

TAMPA --
According to Tampa Fire Rescue, 15 people are trapped on the Cheetah Hunt roller coaster at Busch Gardens in Tampa.
According to our meteorologists, there is heavy rain and wind in the area.
A photo Tampa Fire Rescue posted to its social media showed firefighters rescuing passengers.
At a length of 4,400 feet, the Cheetah Hunt is the park’s longest thrill ride attraction.

Last edited:
^^ They appeared to be having issues with the first LIM launch this past Sunday. I noticed the RV barely make it over that very rise numerous times.

They are in almost the best spot, other than the trench or the end by the loading platform, to be stuck.

Yeah, that's probably the most easily accessed point on the ride. I have to wonder if there is a problem with a wheel or something. Normally I would think they would have given the train a push one way or the other to get it off the top of the hill.

Yeah, that's probably the most easily accessed point on the ride. I have to wonder if there is a problem with a wheel or something. Normally I would think they would have given the train a push one way or the other to get it off the top of the hill.

Just heard they have been there since 2:30, thats way too long for that location.

So the story I just read from the AP says initially the maintenance crew tried to move the train but couldn't get it to budge. Also everyone has been evacuated:

Coaster Strands Riders at Busch Gardens in Tampa
TAMPA, Fla. February 13, 2014 (AP)
Associated Press
Sixteen people have been safely evacuated from the Cheetah Hunt roller coaster at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Fla., after the coaster stopped functioning.

The park posted the update on its official Twitter account shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday.

Park spokesman Travis Claytor had said the coaster got stuck just after 2:30 p.m. on the ride's first embankment, before it got to the main launch track and first major hill. Maintenance workers initially tried to nudge the coaster back into the station. When that didn't work, park officials called Tampa Fire Rescue.

Park officials didn't immediately know what caused the ride malfunction. The coaster remained shut down Wednesday evening.

BGTs FB page
Update: out of an abundance of caution Busch Gardens has decided to delay the opening of Cheetah Hunt to conduct additional testing to confirm the ride is operating as designed. Once the testing is complete, we will reopen Cheetah Hunt.

It's so weird when things like this happen; the chance of a train stalling there must be so slim.

It happened to Stealth over here at Thorpe Park a few years ago, at the top of the 205' top hat! No one was on board though.

[video=youtube;chkej8kLLkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chkej8kLLkM[/video]