Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Christmas Photos 2017

24718537438_bae97d480c_k.jpg

37702872315_ffc519cba1_k.jpg

24718603108_ebcd0bd117_k.jpg

That first one makes me homesick for Portofino. I've had that enclosed balcony bay view room on that top floor, on our right, on two vacations, the most recent the past May for two weeks.

I think this was like my fourth stay there. On my last night, I finally figured my way around the place (using elevators), I enjoy using stairs, but not with luggage!

I think this was like my fourth stay there. On my last night, I finally figured my way around the place (using elevators), I enjoy using stairs, but not with luggage!
There's so many hidden piazza's in the hotel resort, we're still discovering new ones every trip. :) And we've been at Portofino nine times and over 80 nights so far. We've also stayed at CBBR twice, Sapphire twice and RPR twice, but we always need to stay at Portofino for at least part of a vacation. The one time that we didn't do any days at Portofino, we found ourselves constantly taking the water taxi over to it to enjoy the ambiance. It feels like home to us. And the employees have always treated us like family. Just love that resort. :):thumbsup:

Hello guys,

those pictures are really stunning Frank, nice work.

On a side note, is this to much for Uni to covered this part of the show building with a 2d painting like what they did for RoK ?

Is it a big deal?

Attachments

• IMG_3460.JPG
    IMG_3460.JPG
    459.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello guys,

those pictures are really stunning Frank, nice work.

On a side note, is this to much for Uni to covered this part of the show building with a 2d painting like what they did for RoK ?

Is it a big deal?
I don't really notice it when I'm in there. And it's normal to see sound stages behind backlot facades. Hollywood just uses matte paintings (or digital set extensions these days,) so for the NY backlot area of USF it's totally within theming in my opinion.

Okey, thanks for you're answer Alicia, .

I don't really notice it when I'm in there. And it's normal to see sound stages behind backlot facades. Hollywood just uses matte paintings (or digital set extensions these days,) so for the NY backlot area of USF it's totally within theming in my opinion.

Oh hell yeah totally on your side !

I don't understand why they don't unlock a couple thousands of dollars to fixed that.

Now I do think they should plant some more trees or paint something on the Forbidden Journey show building to the right of Hogwarts Castle. That one kinda bugs me a little. ;)

I agree. Show buildings stand out terribly in photographs, yet when I am there in person, I find myself absorbed in the razzle dazzle theming; the mundane fading into the background.

I know they are there, but I too get lost in it all to the point that I do not even realize the lens is getting the sound stage in it...but in these newer lands....they do some neat tricks!

In Diagon for example...where the bike is, you are looking down into the village, eye level with the 2nd stories....go over the Hogsmeade, walk on the right facing the castle and you are around the 2nd floors of the facade on the left...if you walk on the restroom side, the building towers over you...it is so odd, so cool...many illusions in the Studios (or maybe I hit the bar too often :)