Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There were a few scenes I enjoyed, but this house is baaaaad. I understand they were going for a jokey/meta house, yet it just falls flat for me. Too many scares from people and nowhere near enough from Chucky. Would've enjoyed this much more if it was similar to 2009's house.

I know many will argue with me that F&F isn't a bad location, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but I believe F&F is better suited for Original houses than IP houses.

I will say, the house has gotten slightly better since opening. More actors, some added decor, the transition between houses has a victim performer as the Chucky mascot from the preshow which is cute. The cast is also trying all that they can which I really respect given the public's reaction to this house. Despite it all, it's still unfortunately my personal least favorite HHN house I've been in. Just poor design in many different ways.

I will say, the house has gotten slightly better since opening. More actors, some added decor, the transition between houses has a victim performer as the Chucky mascot from the preshow which is cute. The cast is also trying all that they can which I really respect given the public's reaction to this house. Despite it all, it's still unfortunately my personal least favorite HHN house I've been in. Just poor design in many different ways.

Agreed. I saw improvements being made in real-time over the course of last weekend. It's a pity that the bones are just not good, so no amount of tweaks are going to really save it.

With that said, one of the transition Chucky performers was laugh-out-loud hilarious and deliriously committed to the role. Did not break once. (An example - he came running out, begging us not to go inside with total sincerity, like someone in the middle of their own real-life horror movie. My friend couldn't stop giggling. Without missing a beat, he responded "You think this is funny?! People are dying!")

Definitely definitely much better now. That giant Chucky head at the end is really big. Much bigger than I expected. Looked amazing. I loved it.
The actor in the middle of the house asking you to not go in was really great. Little improvements here and there

Reactions: Coolbfitz
So before the event, I said that if they didn't use puppets it would undoubtedly be my #10.

Well they used puppets and it's still #10. I have no idea how they went so wrong here. I'm sorry to say because I know none of it is cheap, but it looked straight up CHEAP. Like someone built it in their backyard.

So before the event, I said that if they didn't use puppets it would undoubtedly be my #10.

Well they used puppets and it's still #10. I have no idea how they went so wrong here. I'm sorry to say because I know none of it is cheap, but it looked straight up CHEAP. Like someone built it in their backyard.

I think the intention was to make it look like a cheap haunted house? The problem is that it just doesn't work with the current standard HHN has set for itself.

I think the intention was to make it look like a cheap haunted house? The problem is that it just doesn't work with the current standard HHN has set for itself.
Yeah, after a few nights I figured out that the first part was "Universal's house" and was supposed to kinda look bad, and the second part is supposed to be where Chucky takes over.

But boy, the concept just didn't shine through lol

Y’all idk, maybe I’m just getting really good run throughs or I’ve just been having way too much heart of damballah beforehand but this house has been super intense and camp and extremely fun every time I’ve done it. Sure the sets are easily the weakest of the year but the puppetry is really good and the scares are better than being given credit for imo.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Best part of this house was hearing “Don’t f*** with the Chuck” every single time I passed a tv. Unironically laughed harder every time since I heard it so often.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I don't disagree that maybe all of the negative attitude surrounding the house has caused a mass disliking of it by the community, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still just... not a great house.

Yeah, it's nowhere near as heinous as some were presenting, in my opinion. But despite the best efforts of several of the cast members, it isn't particularly good, either.